“Never again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Never again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The only good thing about this hotel was they had rooms for our whole family which took 4 rooms, the hold funds on debit cards plus some extra which bounced my checking account, made a point to ask the guy at the desk and he was o no mame we don't do that, when u got back home went to back and guess what they still had a hold on my account , thank god my aunt could cover for me so now I have a lot if bounce fees that I have to pay because I them, so if u stay here don't use a debut card!

• Stayed August 2014
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Grneyes1503,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience while staying with us. We do not charge the credit card or debit card until you check out. The system however does put a hold on the the card for the total amount of stay, to verify there are sufficient funds at check in. The system only authorizes the hold for total amount and nothing extra/more. If you feel that was not the case please give me a call at the hotel and we can investigate and get to bottom of this issue.

We hope this clears few things up as we want to make sure every guest enjoys their stay with us.

we hope to see you again in near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed 2 nights - front desk was exceptional, room was clean, comfortable, and value-priced for the season. Quick drivable access to the RR, downtown, and nearby grocery store. Will definitively lodge here again next time we visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TMan60,

Thank you for taking time to review Super 8 located in Durango Colorado. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff exceptional, our staff works very hard to insure all our guest are comfortable and enjoying their stay with us.

We look forward to see you again in very near future.

Lone Tree, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a good hotel at a good price relative to tourist season in Durango.

The breakfast room was good but needed more seating. Everyone arrives at once if they are riding the DSNG RR. All the Super 8's have waffle makers and a sign saying one needs to flip it to start the timer might be good. Someone will tell you eventually but for first time users a sign would help avoid the frustration.

Our stay was three days and on the first day I pointed out that there was no spindle on the toilet paper dispenser and the TP was just sitting on the tank top. It was still not fixed when we left, but that was my only negative observation. I would have expected it would have been replaced when we returned that night. The other observation was that there were two of us and only one soap was provided. Not critical, but it IS a personal hygiene item.

Room Tip: No noise issues. I never sleep late on travel as I want to maximize my daylight photo-ops, but for...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Roger,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to write us a review for Super 8 in Durango.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Super 8 in Durango. We realize that not all our guest might have used the waffle maker on their previous stays, therefore for guest's convenience there are two step by step signs posted on waffle batter and next to the machine. As we want to make sure the guest are able to enjoy fresh waffles during their stay. I am sorry to hear that there was an Issue that we were not able to address it immediately. We want to make sure our guest are comfortable with their stay at Super 8. We strive to provide the best customer service possible.

We hope to see you again in near future.

michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We first stayed at another hotel the day before and we switched the next night to the Super 8. Everything was nice the hotel , But did not try the breakfast so I can not comment on that! Check in and out is easy! You can also washing machine and dryer if you need it!

Room Tip: Good Quiet rooms for the price!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear 07escape,

Thank you for writing a review for Super 8 located in Durango Colorado. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We want all our guest to enjoy their and explore Durango to its fullest potential.

We hope to see you again in near future.

Thank you.
Gallup
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here and thought it couldn't be too bad to manage for one night. We were surprised over the spacious, clean, quiet room. Free wifi in room and refrigerator and coffee maker!!! Great stay and comfy bed. No complaints. Oh and free breakfast!

Stayed July 2014
Dear gkhe1980,

Thank you for reviewing Super 8 in Durango, I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Hopefully next time you will have more days to spend with us, and would get to truly enjoy the surrounding areas and the best of Durango has to offer.

We hope to see you again soon.

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here in August of 2013. The rooms were a little out dated, but they were very clean. I could care less about how new the place looks, as long as it is clean. However, for people that like a new look to their hotel, I remember a sign said they would be renovating soon. I do not know if the renovation has started, but it will eventually get a face lift.
The staff were all really nice and asked if we wanted their suggestions on places to go/ things to do. I used to live in Durango, so I declined, so I cannot comment on their suggestions.
The breakfast is a typical motel breakfast (waffle iron, cereal, yogurt).
The bed was uncomfortable to me, my boyfriend thought it was comfortable.
I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Ksks1234,

We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to hear you found our staff friendly.

Since your stay with us last year, we have completely renovated the rooms, we have new mattress, furniture and tvs.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Durango.