“Short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Gallup
“Short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here and thought it couldn't be too bad to manage for one night. We were surprised over the spacious, clean, quiet room. Free wifi in room and refrigerator and coffee maker!!! Great stay and comfy bed. No complaints. Oh and free breakfast!

Stayed July 2014
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Durango / Purgatory, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear gkhe1980,

Thank you for reviewing Super 8 in Durango, I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Hopefully next time you will have more days to spend with us, and would get to truly enjoy the surrounding areas and the best of Durango has to offer.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here in August of 2013. The rooms were a little out dated, but they were very clean. I could care less about how new the place looks, as long as it is clean. However, for people that like a new look to their hotel, I remember a sign said they would be renovating soon. I do not know if the renovation has started, but it will eventually get a face lift.
The staff were all really nice and asked if we wanted their suggestions on places to go/ things to do. I used to live in Durango, so I declined, so I cannot comment on their suggestions.
The breakfast is a typical motel breakfast (waffle iron, cereal, yogurt).
The bed was uncomfortable to me, my boyfriend thought it was comfortable.
I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Durango / Purgatory, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Ksks1234,

We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to hear you found our staff friendly.

Since your stay with us last year, we have completely renovated the rooms, we have new mattress, furniture and tvs.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Durango.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights. Room was newly remodeled. Owner was very nice. Our air conditioner stopped working and he replaced it immediately. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was basic. Doors needs to be fixed so they don't slam.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to review Super 8 located in Durango.

We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We have address the issue about slamming door, the doors are spring loaded so the door closes behind guest as security measures.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Durango.

Salida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

After traveling all day, the lady at check-in was very pleasant. Entering the hall to our room, we encountered "laborers" lounging( and playing with their phones) on the floor that we had to "excuse ourselves" so we could get by them. The TV in the was not receiving any of their advertised channels and after several people and 4 attempts to rectify the problem failed, we were asked if we wanted a refund so we could go somewhere else. This was at 6:30pm, and we didn't really want to re-pack and try to find a motel with vacancies. The finally found us another room about 30 mins later. After returning to the room the next day after our activities, the air conditioner was off leaving the room very hot and stuffy. we had to call for shampoo in order shower and fresh towels. They advertised "hot breakfast"-to me, that means more than waffle batter that is poured on a pre-heated griddle. This was after a terrible experience at another Super 8 in Salida,CO. This was not a restful stay and we will NEVER stay at another Super 8.

Room Tip: Yes, stay away from Super 8's!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lee,

Thank for reviewing Super 8 located in Durango Colorado.

I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. As we learned about the issue with the TV channels, we offered you to move to another room, as we talked to our cable provider and they stated they would stop by soon as possible but it might not be till later in the night, if it gets too late into the night, they will stop by first thing in the morning, as they did not want to disturb guest at night. As it happen they stopped by that night at 9:47pm and resolved the problem,

Our Super star breakfast has something for everyone, for people who like hot breakfast there are waffles that they can make, for others we have milk and cereals, yogort, bread, fresh fruit etc.. to insure every guest start off the their day right.

We hope you will give us another chance and hope to see you again on your next trip to Souther Colorado.

Lincoln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Unknown to us, a bike rally was in Durango the weekend we decided to go and the only place we found the first night was at Super 8. I've stayed at Super 8's before and most times it is fine, but this one needs a lot of work. They have started updating, but still need improvements. I had no problem with check in but had to wait for the person in front of me and the clerk didn't seem to know a whole lot. The keys she gave him didn't work as he came back down while I was checking in and her response was the door just might not work at all. And proceeds to tell me they have had trouble with that room. Then my key worked once and next time I tried didn't work anymore. The beds were fine but the pillows were flat. I went to see about additional pillows and was told they were out. Everyone was asking for a pillow - maybe that's a clue? It was quiet on the top floor. Hopefully if they get done with all the updates the place will be better and if you just need to sleep somewhere for a little bit it's okay.

Room Tip: There is only one restaurant close to this place. All the other hotels are on the other end of town...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Durango / Purgatory, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear DandiNebraska,

Than you for taking time from your busy schedule to review Super 8 Durango. I am so sorry to hear you did not have great experience while staying with us. Since your stay with us, we are done with our renovation project that included, brand new carpet, furniture, lights, tv and beds on all the rooms.

Sometimes when the keys are kept next to cell phones or credit card the keys get demagnetized and would require to be reprogrammed, we will emphasize our front desk to make sure the information is communicated to the guest.

We hope to see you again in near future.

Edgemont, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was the worst hotel I have been in. Expected a lot more, but boy, was I wrong. It STUNK!! and the air felt very heavy and stale. Worst coffee I have ever tried to drink in my life and paid WAY too much for the one night we stayed.
I won't return, I would rather sleep on the side of the road.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Motel Durango / Purgatory? Share your experiences!