“Stay at Super 8” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Stay at Super 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My stay at super 8 was good. Since it is Durango and summer season, prices go up. I will keep this hotel in mind, because I believe once it is renovated it will become my choice of stay. Prices are reasonable. It had sufficient breakfast, and good customer services. The hotel is located right off the highway so easy access. Only mile and half from Train station, so But like I said once it is renovated the property will be in much better shape.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lindsay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

overall good place to stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Woodburn, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is completely awful!!! The room was dirty. The bed was very uncomfortable and came with a torn blanket. I didn't feel comfortable sleeping here at all.
Unfortunately, we had made a pre-paid reservation for 3 nights. On the first day we told the front desk that our bathtub faucet kept running and we couldn't get the water shut off. Their maintenance person was in the office and said he had just clocked out but would fix it the next day. The next day turned into the next. On check out we told them again about the running water, (it definitely wasn't a drip), the desk person could not find a work order for it. -I own a property management company and fully understand the benefit of preventative maintenance and prompt service calls. The staff at this hotel had no concern. What an extreme waste of our resources, especially in a dry area like Durango; not to mention the irritating sound of water wasting away down the drain.
We also had problems with the people at the front desk... They advertise a business center. What they offer is a outdated computer that is not hooked up to a printer. I needed to print my boarding pass. When I had inquired the first time, they told me the printer was out of ink. The second time I asked they told me guests were not allowed to print. I was informed if I gave them a flash drive with the boarding pass they would print it.... I tried to explain to the front desk person that I couldn't save it to a flash drive, I just wanted to print it. She allowed me to use her computer, that didn't connect to the internet!! I finally went to Office Depot, where the customer service was incredible and I finally got my pass printed. We finally checked out, and checked into the Comfort Inn next door. This hotel is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Please take my review seriously and don't stay at this lousy hotel!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

There were many aspects of this hotel that we did not find particularly pleasing. Yes, all things were there...a room, a bath, a morning breakfast, but every aspect of the hotel seemed old, unkempt, almost sleezy. Even the check-in was sleezy. Definitely NOT worth the price BUT, you're in Durango and they can charge what they want. My suggestion: stay in another town, not Durango, and pay a reasonable price for a good hotel. BTW, there are NO restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and a taxi anywhere is another $20 each way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Camp Verde, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a hotel, it certainly wasn't worth the $100 a night rate, but hopefully after its remodeled it'll be nicer. The hallway floors need to be replaced because they are rotted out, very squishy and creek as you walk, and the carpet is coming up from the floor as well. If you want a hotel that looks nice on the inside find a different one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Motel Durango / Purgatory? Share your experiences!