“Newly Remodeled...great stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Canyon, Texas
“Newly Remodeled...great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just passing through Durango to pick up daughter from camp. Quite a surprise when we ran across this hotel. Used Hilton points. Newly remodeled and a great breakfast. Will plan on staying here again. BTW, at the end of the trolly stop so it worked great.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Canyon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel choice was a hit or miss when I booked. I was pleasently suprised with the quality. I have stayed many times with another hotel brand that I love. This hotel was just as nice. Saline pool, great breakfast, and clean neat rooms. There was a mix of families and business travelers. Thank you for a great stay. We enjoyed our vacation.

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have read the reviews and have to say that I go along with the 5 star, especially with the choices you have here. There are no "big hotels" ie no Marriott, Hilton, etc at least the high end ones.

We actually had a reservation at the Knights Inn Midtown and when we drove up and asked to check in early THANK GOODNESS they didnt have a room available. My kids were literally scared to stay there!

So we went to Starbucks as had no wifi or cell service and booked a last minute AAA rate which was $175, more than I wanted to pay but knew that we needed a good night sleep and we wanted a pool.

The hotel is obviously older but has been remodelled in what I always call the "W" style as I think they were one of the first to adopt the dark wood/granite type accomodations.

Yes the rooms are small but I would especially in the smaller cities such as this a smaller room with GREAT beds and updated interior. We are travelling and there were enough outlets for us to charge 3 cell phones and 2 ipads.

Again remember that in Durango your choices are VERY limited - these level which are probably B+ hotels are THEIR A++ hotels, most of the other motels

Would definatley return!!!

Room Tip: ask for one with a view - the corner rooms dont have much of a view- we were in 325
Round Rock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very comfortable, very clean and staff very helpful! The beds are true Queen size and very comfortable. The hotel's location in town is easy access to many activities we did while on vacation. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel was recently renovated and beautifully done. Location is convenient to visit popular places in/near Durango. Continental breakfast was ok, very convenient with young children. Overall hotel was clean and fresh.

Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The room was a bit small, but the beds were comfortable...until we found a bug (a stink bug) on one of the beds on the day we were checking out. A good thing since I would not have stayed in that room if I had found it earlier.

My main concern is that when I brought it up at the front desk while checking out, nothing was done about it, no apologies no discount offered. I was under the impression this was not the first time it happened. For $200 a night, we were expecting better!

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute when we decided an 8 hour drive after a 3 day backpacking trip would be nearly impossible. As soon as we walked in there was a table of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and a plate of yummy cookies. I appreciate little perks like this! Our room was clean, had a very comfortable bed and a nice bathroom - just what we needed for the night. The staff was also extremely friendly (noticeably so) which I appreciate as well. The free breakfast in the morning was nice although just your generic continental hotel breakfast. Everything looked brand new and clean. My husband and I were very impressed with this hotel and plan to stay here if we are ever in Durango again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Durango Hotel? Share your experiences!