“One of the nicer chain hotels in Durango” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early-Save up to 15%
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“One of the nicer chain hotels in Durango”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is one of the nicer chain hotels in Durango. I like that there's an interior hallway connecting the rooms and lobby. Other chain hotels I've stayed in have you enter the rooms (or go to the pool) from outside and that's not appropriate for winter. Who want's to put on winter gear to get coffee in the morning or run to the hot tub?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and would stay for another week if we could! It was an exceptional experience! Beautiful remodel with some very smart changes in the rooms, outstanding/friendly staff, extremely reasonable price, and just a wonderful time! We will be back and recommend to all of our friends. In the past we have considered staying at the Double Tree but after this last visit, we will be returning to the Hampton Inn!! Breakfast greeter was extremely friendly and helpful. Front desk staff informative and very helfpful. Housekeepers friendly! What can I say - GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are great if you need a little more room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cañon City, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

The property is clean, well kept, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I stayed at a property in a near by city, owned by a different company, at two and a half times the price that could not compare to this location!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for the first of 2 nights because the Double Tree was booked for one of the nights. What a pleasant surprise. It cost 1/2 as much as the Double Tree and the hotel & rooms were nicer! Not that the Double Tree is bad, but the Hampton was exceptional. Excellent staff. Breakfast was great. Cannot beat it for the money. Location is ok, but not great. Could be closer to the middle of the action, but if you don't mind a 2 minute drive, who cares?!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

whent skiing for my birthday. long time since i've been... if it wasnt for the wonerfull hot tub and great swimming pool i'd still be in bed. the maintenance guy even gave me a ride to the spa for a massage. couldn't ask for a better place to stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I made this hotel our base for our trip to Mesa Verde National Park. It is a little bit of a drive, but well worth it because Durango is such an interesting and charming city. The hotel was under renovation, so there was some minor inconvenience, but our room was clean and comfortable as we expect from Hampton Inns. The front desk staff was terrific, very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was rather crowded because of the construction, but the courteous and friendly staff made up for it. They add nice touches such as fresh cookies each night. We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Fitness center was not available due to renovation.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am the primary caregiver to my father as he lives with me in Austin, TX. My father fell ill on Christmas Eve while visiting my brother. I flew into Durango to deal with it and bring Dad back home when he got discharged. Hampton was wonderful! They gave me a quiet room on the third floor at the end of the hall. They allowed me to use the microwave to make my dinners. The day I got Dad discharged one of the maids helped me get him into the room. As I was unable to plan anything they worked with me so much.They even allowed me to have a late check out as to not to move Dad until it was time for our flight.

Everything is standard Hampton. The white sheets and comforters. The yummy breakfast. Pool and hot tub. Very clean and updated. TV has enough channels. Little refrigerators to keep snacks.

The staff here is what made the difference for me. THANK YOU so much. Little angles on Earth to make one very stressed person comfortable. If I am back in the area I will stay no where else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Durango Hotel? Share your experiences!