“verry verry good. can,t wait until my next birthday... they were great.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Durango Hotel

Book Early-Save up to 15%
Ranked #2 of 30 hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greeley, Colorado
“verry verry good. can,t wait until my next birthday... they were great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

whent skiing for my birthday. long time since i've been... if it wasnt for the wonerfull hot tub and great swimming pool i'd still be in bed. the maintenance guy even gave me a ride to the spa for a massage. couldn't ask for a better place to stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I made this hotel our base for our trip to Mesa Verde National Park. It is a little bit of a drive, but well worth it because Durango is such an interesting and charming city. The hotel was under renovation, so there was some minor inconvenience, but our room was clean and comfortable as we expect from Hampton Inns. The front desk staff was terrific, very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was rather crowded because of the construction, but the courteous and friendly staff made up for it. They add nice touches such as fresh cookies each night. We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Fitness center was not available due to renovation.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am the primary caregiver to my father as he lives with me in Austin, TX. My father fell ill on Christmas Eve while visiting my brother. I flew into Durango to deal with it and bring Dad back home when he got discharged. Hampton was wonderful! They gave me a quiet room on the third floor at the end of the hall. They allowed me to use the microwave to make my dinners. The day I got Dad discharged one of the maids helped me get him into the room. As I was unable to plan anything they worked with me so much.They even allowed me to have a late check out as to not to move Dad until it was time for our flight.

Everything is standard Hampton. The white sheets and comforters. The yummy breakfast. Pool and hot tub. Very clean and updated. TV has enough channels. Little refrigerators to keep snacks.

The staff here is what made the difference for me. THANK YOU so much. Little angles on Earth to make one very stressed person comfortable. If I am back in the area I will stay no where else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hempstead, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We've stayed at a few Hampton Inns over the past few months. This one was being renovated while we were there, as was one that we stayed at last month. Whereas the owners of the previous property we stayed at went out of their way to offset the renovation. This property did nothing. All the floorboards had been removed, there were plastic curtains hanging, there was a bit of construction dust. At least there was an indoor pool and hot tub -- both in good condition. The pool is large and the temperature perfect, even in winter. The location is quite far away from downtown, so you need to have a car to get to the historic area. The room was very clean and the bathroom looked new. The biggest disappointment to me is a lack of an exercise room. If you want to work out, you need to head mile down the road to a recreation center. So, all in all, not as good as any of the Hampton Inns we have stayed at recently, and hopefully once the renovation is complete it will be more up to par.

Room Tip: You do NOT want to be above the pool -- it may be noisy....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Durango Hampton Inn to take our kids to the local Polar Express train ride. My children are 3 years old and 18 months, and my nieces are 4 and 2 years old. We received two noise complaints, one at 7:30 am in room, from lower residence and another at 11 am in pool from residence above. We researched our room booklet for the policy of "quiet hours" and did not find any company policies. When we approached the hotel manger, "Heather" regarding what the noise rules were, she handled situation so unprofessionally, I was dumbfounded. She immediately advised us that she did not think we would get offended at her approaching us, instead of explaining to us the policy then proceeded to tell my family and I that "we were the loudest guests she has ever experienced." I was truly offended at that remark. When I contacted main Hampton corporation they did not provide any assistance and stated it was up to us if we wanted to go to another hotel. We have yet to find the noise policy. I understand we may have been a bit noisy, but anybody with kids will state kids will be kids. I absolutely disagree with the pool complaint, because it was in the middle of day. Also, this is my kids vacation and I am not going to just sit my children on a couch. I don't complain at people slamming doors at 5 am, these are things you accept when staying at a high occupancy establishment. Whether you agree or do not, I have never been treated so unprofessionally and I have never ran into this situation at other hotels. Also Hampton may want to look into proper insulation. Do not stay if you have young kiddos, they did not make us feel it was a family friendly corporation.

• Stayed December 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Durango Sunday night 12/25/12. It was late when we checked in and the desk clerk, Josh, went out of his way to make us feel welcome. It looked as if the renovation was almost complete and and property has lots of nice details. The morning staff was as friendly as Josh was and the breakfast was great. We look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

First, the staff was very friendly and the management is going out of its way to avoid any inconvenience to its guests during the remodel. They schedule the workers between 10 AM and 5 PM to avoid noise, dust or disruption. We never saw them. That being said, the property definitely needs an overhaul and it is great that they are doing that. The decor was dated; the shower had weak water pressure and wouldn't hold the temperature (hot-cold-hot...you know the type.) The breakfast was a little disappointing compared to other Hampton Inn's we have frequented: not much variety or selection on the days we were there. I thought it was great that a coffee/tea/hot chocolate "bar" was set up for guest use throughout the day/evening and they served fresh cookies in the evening (that go VERY fast!). It's a bit out of the way for the Durango-Silverton train but it is in a quieter location away from downtown. And it didn't take long to drive to the train depot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Durango Hotel? Share your experiences!