“The Best Kept Secret in Durango” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early-Save up to 15%
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersBronze level
Centennial, Colorado
“The Best Kept Secret in Durango”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've stayed in many of the hotels in Durango over the years, but none offering the overall quality of this Hampton Inn. All of the bedding felt clean and fresh, the front desk staff was more than qualified, and the "continental" breakfast surpassed most in-house restaurants. This will now be my hotel of choice in the Durango area. Couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Argyle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The rooms are adequate -- nothing fancy, but it comes with a free breakfast and is close to the attractions of Durango. Would definitely recommend it for the value. The front desk was also quite helpful when recommending restaurants and activities. Top notch.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the mountain.
Oswego, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My stay at the Durango Hampton couldn't have been better. My primary judgment always comes from the quality of the beds and how well I slept at night. I slept better than I do at home! While this hotel is located on the main road through Durango, it is far enough from town that it was very quiet at night. Yet you can be in the heart of downtown Durango after only a several minute ride on the (free!) trolley that stops right in front of the property.
Everything else about this hotel is top-notch. The cleanliness is superb, the staff, including the general manager, is accessible and couldn't be friendlier. The free, hot breakfasts were varied and very tasty wth a wealth of choices from yogurt and fresh fruit to different hot slections each day. I also enjoyed the times I spent in the pool and hot tub. I commented to the staff on the lack of the ever-present chlorine odor that I usually encountered in the pool area of other hotels. I was told that this was because they use a care and filtration method that employs salt instead of chlorine. Since both were crystal clear, I thought this must be a better alternative as I certainly didn't miss the smell.
The decor in the rooms is very tasteful,the lighting is good and the bathrooom sparkled each day. It was obvious that everyone associated with this hotel took great pride in it and the service it provides to its customers. This is definitely my go-to place when I return to Durango.

Room Tip: No fitness center other than the pool, but get a pass to the rec center down the road offering a lot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a couple of nights during a mother/daughter road trip to visit the Great Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde and Santa Fe. I reserved a room based on trip advisor reviews and so glad that I did. We were given a first floor room that was obviously recently remodeled. It was very nice and clean. The room was relatively quiet in the evening and very comfortable for sleeping. I found the people at the front desk to be friendly and helpful, offering up restaurant recommendations and directions. The free breakfast in the morning was sufficient to help start off our day and the evening cookies and coffee in the lobby was a relaxing way of ending a day of walking and hiking. I found our entire stay to be quite pleasant and will not hesitate to stay there again if we decide to return to Durango!

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hamptom Inn for 10 days to attend a family reunion. The rooms were newly renovated and quite pleasing to the eye, The western decor was appreciated. We were in a 2 bedded queen room and found it to be just fine for my husband and 2 children. The beds were comfortable and clean. The TV was large and offered premium channels and games. We had a small refridgerator where we kept water, milk etc. The bathroom was large, it included a hair dyer, coffee maker and iron. The room was spotless, the maids were attentive , friendly and brought extra towels as requested. We enjoyed the free wifi as we used our ipads and ipods daily in the room rather than having to go to the lobby.
We thouroughly enjoyed the free breakfast, with 2 kids breakfast can get quite expensive and the selection was great, eggs, waffles, cereals, breads, yogurt, oatmeal etc. Everyday there was a different hot meal offered. There were enough seats for the many guests and you could choose from either indoor or outdoor seating. The location was great, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown but only a short 2 minute drive or trolley ride away. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub and used it mainly at night to wind down from our daily activities. We also made use of the recreation center passes where we enjoyed the full gym, pools, slides, children's play area, rock wall, pool table and ping pong.. This was a nice surprise and kept us entertained.
Beyond the physical ammenities of this hotel I don't think you will find a friendlier staff anywhere. Everyone we encountered was extrememly pleasent and helpful. They went above and beyond any hotel staff we have encountered before.
WE WILL DEFINATELY BE RETURNING HERE AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS LOVELY HOTEL.
Jeanine

Waukegan, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

All the rooms in this hotel have been recently renovated and are beautifully, tastefully done. The beds were extremely comfortable and bathroom exceptionally clean. The staff was very friendly and we were greeted each time we walked by front desk.
Also really enjoyed the pool, it is large and very clean and the temperature of main pool and hot tub were perfect.
Was impressed with "green" emphasis which even included a divider in trash can to keep recyclables separate from regular trash. I have never seen this before and was very pleased!
Located short, easy drive from downtown and free shuttles run on regular basis.
Overall very pleased with this Hampton Inn and can definitely recommend it. Hope to return someday soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a short vacation stay the hotel is situated with beautiful views and has a trolley stop just steps from the front door Quiet rooms, comfy bed. Front desk staff extremely friendly. Excellent breakfast selection. Close enough to town For easy access. Definitely our choice when visiting Durango!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Durango Hotel? Share your experiences!