“Wonderful hotel for familes - wheelchair accessible” 5 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Wonderful hotel for familes - wheelchair accessible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

We and another family stayed at the Hampton Inn as part of a scholarship for disabled skiers. We had a wonderful experience as the hotel was fully accessible to those of our group using wheelchairs. The staff was very kind and helpful to the kids, the rooms were in excellent condition and clean, and the indoor swimming pool and spa were wonderful to use after a day of skiing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

My experience staying at the Hampton was nothing short of excellent. From the moment I came through the front door until my checkout the staff were very friendly and helpful. Being disabled makes travel a little more challenging and the staff was very responsive to my needs. My room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and controlong the room temperature was a breeze. Bathrooms have lots of space to move around and there was plenty of hot water. The breakfast was better than most so called continental breakfast. Tons of food options and even some for the health conscious. The fresh baked cookies in the evening were over the top. I plan on returning to Durango summer and winter for years to come and I can't imagine staying any place else.

• Stayed February 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Was in Durango for the last week of February. Everything about the Hotel was great from the morning continental breakfast to the freshly baked cookies greeting us in the evening. There is free internet wireless access in the room and flat screen tv's for viewing. There was plenty of hot water and the room temperature was easily controlled. The hot tub was very relaxing after we managed to get in a day of skiing!
What we liked best was that we had fairly large rooms with a king bed and the hotel had plenty of free parking. Have stayed downtown in the past and parking can be an issue there. Can contact me at DelCoAssoc@aol.com. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I've been skiing in Durango for 10 years and I've always stayed at this hotel. Of all the hotels in the town, this is the closest to the mountain. If you stay on the mountain, there are fewer restaurants and the prices for a room are 3 times higher! Pleanty of restaurants in town and decent shopping if you want to take the day off from skiing. Breakfast buffet provided every morning and freshly baked cookies available every evening. This is the perfect hotel if you're looking for a good night's sleep after a long day of skiing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

The Hampton Inn, Durango is a top tier hotel. Professional, welcoming, proactive, helpful staff. Wonderful, comfortable beds and pillows ... a better bed than the luxury bed I have at home. There's a good hot breakfast with eggs and waffles, etc. every morning and cookies every evening. I was there for 7 days and enjoyed every day. I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Maple Shade, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

My son and I stayed one night at the Hampton Inn on a ski trip. Very clean, very comfortable, very friendly staff. At the price I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed February 2011
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn when going skiing this February, and our stay over all was good. The only real negative we had was that we had to change rooms after the first night due to the fact that we made two reservation (one with points, and one without). It was a minor inconvenience, which they made easy by allowing us to leave out bags with them and when we got back our bags were waiting for us in our new room.

As far as the rooms both were very clean and comfortable. The hot water does come out of the sink faucet very hot so be careful. I brought this to the attention at the front desk so hopefully they will turn the temp to the hot water heater down a bit. The showers seemed to have scald guards on them so hot water wasn't a problem with there. The bathroom to our second room did have a little loose grout that needs to be attended too, but over all the room did seem to be pretty well maintained.

As far as service this hotel was does very well. Their staff was very helpful when we had a question. The breakfast was very good. They changed up their hot items everyday, and the items I tried I liked. However, I enjoyed the waffles the most. They also had an assortment of other items like fruit, pasties, yogurt, muffins, cereal, as well. We also used the pool and hot tub while there. Pool was kind of cool until you got adjusted, but the hot tub was nice and hot.

All and all I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Durango? Share your experiences!