“Value” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Durango

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

From the start we had a good experience with this hotel....Travelocity messed up our Reservations and the Manager Robert was great in helping us straighten the whole mess out. He called them and waited for over an hour on the phone trying to fix things for us. Thanks Robert!!! Everything is what you would expect from a hotel clean rooms, good service and a breakfast with waffles you make yourself. We will be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Travelodge Durango, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to providing your future lodging needs.
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Well let's start off with the front desk clerk Clay smelled of booze when we checked in and very loud. The breakfast was horrible the room smelled and sheet had mud tracks from a cart wheels or something. Carpet snow melt on them as we entered the room for the first time. The housekeepers the following mornng where outside our door laughing and speaking in indian or spanish and having a good old time and the rooms service was horrible. somebody spilled my wifes cologne and left it on the floor and looked like somebody was in our luggage to. the day that we checked out the manager Robert looked like he crawled out of the backwoods and wearing a baseball cap a the desk is a big no in the hospitalty business and being a manager. he did not make eye contact with us never asked how our day was. My wife told him the room smelled and sheets were dirty with mud tracks, and somebody spilled her cologne and was in her luggage and he looked at her and strugged his shoulders and said ok thank you and got up and walk away into the side hallway and closed the door and never came out some little spanish gal came out and took over the desk and never spoke to us either. we will never come back or refer anybody here. Owners take a long hard look at what you have here do you really want that for your hotel.

Room Tip: nothing good to share here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMTripleHHospitality, Manager at Travelodge Durango, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I apologize for the bad experience you had while staying at our property. I assure you this is not the way we want our guests to feel when they leave. We are always improving and working on our service standards to make each of our guest stay more enjoyable. In order to address your review please contact us, we would love to talk to about the specifics which we fell short on. Thank you for your comments and concerns they help us strive to make each of our guest stay more pleasant.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff at this motel doesn't know the first thing about customer service. I have a medical condition that requires me to keep my legs highly elevated at night. I asked the front desk for extra pillows the night I checked in but they told me they had no extra pillows despite the fact that the motel was less than 20% occupied. I ended up going to Walmart to buy my own pillows. When my TSA compliant shaving cream can ran empty I went to the front desk to ask for some shaving cream. They told me they did not have any contrary to the sign they prominently display next to the sink offering shaving cream, toothpaste, etc. to guests should they run out (see photo of sign). When I expressed incredulity the manager, Robert Pinkerton seemed put off and reluctantly volunteered to check at another motel he manages later that morning! God forbid I showed up dripping wet and asked for a towel. Clearly the poor service attitude starts at the top.

There is a trash dumpster placed directly in front of several rooms, including room #116 - the one I was assigned. The dumpster was open on top and in a side door and trash was one the ground around the dumpster. I half expected rats to emerge from the side door when i came back at night.

Obviously other travelers have figured out to avoid this establishment as it was less than 20% occupied while the Days Inn two doors down was near capacity and the Adobe(?) next door, which advertised rooms for $39.95 was full. I would direct Durango travelers to either of those two options instead of this establishment.

Room Tip: Avoid room 115 - 118 as they are directly across from a trash dumpster with top and doors open. I c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Travelodge Durango, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
As we expressed in our correspondence regarding your stay we are deeply sorry for your views of our establishment and staff. As we explained, we have recently had changes in our staff and management and unfortunately one person soured your view of the whole picture. I can assure you that the property manager goes above and beyond to make every guests stay a pleasant one. The manager went personally the morning in question to a sister hotel to retrieve shaving cream for you just seconds after you left. Also as we explained about the dumpster, we have no control of its placement as this is regulated by the city. The pictures you took were right after it was emptied and our staff had not had the opportunity to close the lid or pick up the spoon, fork and couple of pieces of paper that fell out in the process. Although we tried to rectify the whole situation with the offer of a free stay at another of our properties you declined in order to hold on to the flawed image of our staff. We are still apologetic of the first encounter with one front desk clerk and wish you the best.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The front desk was very helpful getting us in without a reservation. Found out I can get a room cheaper going through the hotel then with expedia or hotels.com. The room was very clean and had everything we needed for a good night stay. I will be back to durango and will stay at the travel lodge.

Room Tip: the 300's are in the back and away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Durango? Share your experiences!