“my stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Dumas, United States
“my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stay at Double Tree all the time in Durango Colorado. I have spend approx 9 to 10 weeks there total. The only thing that gets me is the rooms are cold and the heat can not be any higher than 75. Now this means a have to wear my coat in my room. not a pleasent thing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Peter M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Durango, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Durango on Trip Advisor. We noted your comment about our rooms being cool and you were unable to regulate the thermostat. We have had our maintenance staff check out the unit in the room you stayed so it won't happen again. We thank you for your business and welcome you back to stay with us again when ever your travels bring you to Durango.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We booked a last minute trip to Durango for our 11 year anniversary. My husband called and we booked a room with a Riverview and king bed. He mentioned it was our anniversary and they said they would put champagne in the room for us. Very clean and spacious rooms! We arrived and of course no champagne but I wasn't going to say anything and then about an hour later a knock at the door and they delivered a bottle in an ice bucket with glasses that was so nice. They congratulated us on our anniversary. We wanted to walk to downtown but there was a bit of construction and there were no sidewalks so we ended up driving but the hotel was very nice. We had our newborn with us and they put a crib in the room and we had plenty of space. Very big rooms. We would stay again and the cookies are AMAZING! I asked to buy two more and the lady at the front desk said oh ill just give them to you. We were very appreciative. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Durango, on Trip Advisor. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your 11th Anniversary with us. Congratulations on your milestone.
We thank you for your business, we welcome you back to stay again when ever your travels find you in Durango.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is top-notch and well-maintained. It's a cut above most hotels in luxury and location and really makes the visit to Durango comfortable. Best bed of any place we stay. I recommend getting a room with a balcony overlooking the river. It's walking distance from the great downtown shopping, railroad and restaurants. We just leave the car and go on foot for the day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Durango on Trip Advisor. We love feedback from our guests. We're so pleased that you found out hotel and were satisfied with all we have to offer. We thank you for your business. We welcome you back to stay with us again soon.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great location and walkable to downtown Durango! Rooms nice and recommend upgrading to river view. I would definitely stay here again while in Durango. Also great coffee in the room. Ask for a cookie when you check in

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Durango on Trip Advisor. It is great to get feedback from our guests. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We couldnt agree more about our location, being right on the banks of the Animas River is wonderful, we are close to town and all the amenities Durango has to offer. We thank you for your business and welcome you back to stay with us again soon.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This wasn't my first work trip to Durango but was my first stay with the DoubleTree. No question, it's where I'll be the next time I head that way. Service was great, they picked me up from the airport, helped our group with our meeting in one of their conference rooms and made sure we had everything that we needed. Carla at the front desk was especially great. Oh...and the views!

Room Tip: I booked one of their "Pure" rooms and opted for a river view. Worth it on both accounts!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Durango on Trip Advisor. it is great to get feedback from our guests. We are so pleased that you had a good stay with us. Thats
what it is all about with us....making our guests have a great stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again when ever your travels bring you to Durango.
San Antonio, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel has beautiful vies of the river and it's in a great location! Our room was very clean and had everything you would need including space for all your snow gear when traveling with a family of 4. We had a balcony with a view of the river, which was really nice at night when we returned from a long day on the slopes. The employess are ALL very friendly and helpful and happy to provide suggestions for food and entertainment. This hotel is only minutes away from shopping and restaurants and grocery store. Only minutes away from gear rental place recommended by the staff. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Peter M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Durango, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Durango, on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate getting feedback from our guests. Thank you for your compliments of our hotel, we do have a great location and the view from the hotel of the Animas River is truly beautiful. We're pleased to learn that you will be back to stay with us again.
Aztec, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before. The location is convenient to the shopping area, bus routes, the Durango/Silverton train and is right by a beautiful river. The beds were very comfortable and the room well appointed, refrigerator and microwave, decent little coffee maker. Nice view of the river. The hotel prides itself on the effort it makes to be as "green" as possible. When my sister and I noticed the breakfast trays in the halls in the morning, we saw many full or nearly full, large glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice left to go to waste. When I mentioned this to the dining room personnel, my observation was well taken and I was told they would look into smaller juice glasses. Waste is definitely not "green". The only disappointment during our three day stay was the smoking situation. We rent a room with a balcony because it is convenient to smoke out there. If you are a thoughtful smoker, as I am, you can use a can or bottle as an ashtray, not get smoke in the room and not have to be inconvenienced by going all the way downstairs and outside to smoke. Now there are signs everywhere, NO SMOKING on the balcony. Perhaps there is some worry about legalized marijuana in Colorado - maybe they don't want that activity going on on their balconies, and who could blame them? We saw no evidence of that during our weekend stay, at the hotel or anywhere else in town. So, I got dressed and walked down the hall, took the elevator, crossed the lobby, went out past the first drive and arrived at the designated smoking area. It's between a driveway and the parking lot. People walk by on a sidewalk that leads to the front door. You get "looks" even though it's a marked area with an ashtray and a bench. It's in the wind. There is a black, shiny bench that I would have loved to sit on had it been clean. It was not. On my way back in, I alerted the desk clerk about the dirty bench, and she said she would tell someone to clean it. It never happened. Had I been the desk clerk, I would have had a bottle of Windex and some paper towels out there in about five minutes and cleaned it myself. All in all, I think this is a very nice hotel,the dining room is wonderful, though a bit pricey, especially for breakfast. Dinner is worth the money. Most of the employees were very nice and very helpful. I especially appreciated the service in the dining room. They worked around my sister's dairy allergy and were personable and knowledgeable about their menu. Meals were beautifully presented and service was impeccable. I would stay here again, though I will continue to complain about the smoking situation....

Room Tip: River view rooms are quieter and very nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Durango on Trip Advisor, Always great to get feedback from our guests. We're pleased you rated us an "almost 5 star" hotel. We thank you for your business and welcome you back to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Durango.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Durango? Share your experiences!