“Staff honesty” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Sedona, Arizona
“Staff honesty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

On returning home to Sedona we noticed that Econo Lodge had left us a message that
we had left our lap top in the room. We returned that night to pick it up. We were very grateful
to the staff and management for their honesty.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ehjut, General Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites - Durango, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
We are delighted that we were able to reunite you with your laptop!!! We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Durango.

EconoLodge Inn & Suites - Durango

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was traveling to Utah and had to find a stop for the night. This was a last minute decision Figured I'd stop in Durango since I had never been there and wanted to buy some Recreational Marijuana too. Durango doesnt sell Rec MJ yet, so my bad. , Only Econolodge and one other place had rooms, This place is a small hotel from the 50's. Bedding and room were old but good sized. Problem was the bikers that stay there told me not to park by my room as they had other bikers showing up. Being a biker my self, I sucked it up and parked a few spots away, Then I thought screw them, there is no reserved parking so I moved to be close to my room when the left for dinner. Hey I should a worn a Harley shirt to get there respect, but that's just wrong, I respect everyone, no matter what they wear or ride. Anyway the walls an windows are thin, and a bunch or 50 year old wanna be bikers were up late, outside their rooms drinking and smoking cigs, The smoke came into my room and I had to wait for them to retire before I could get to sleep.
Hey if you are a poor biker then this is a good cheap place to stay, they even have a designated parking for bikes with towels and buckets of soapy water to clean your bikes.
Breakfast was continental, with a waffle maker, cereal, toast and bagels. Nothing worth going out of your way for. Plus there is only 5 chairs to sit down. Wifi is free but its slower than dial up. There has to be a better place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
ehjut, General Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites - Durango, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Durango is truly a destination for motorcycle enthusiasts. Like every hotel in town we are visited by a number of motorcyclists during the summer season. Mostly middle aged professionals from around the globe, here to enjoy the beauty of the southwest.

I just wish we had been given the opportunity to address his concerns, during his stay.. We are always happy to speak with guests regarding noise or the fact that there is no assigned parking. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Earl jack
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Durango
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

After driving all day you would expect a nice cool room to sleep in well not at this hotel! Came in to our room and it was 80 in there and the air was running! Went to the front desk and talked to the person in charge he said he had a couple rooms that I could check out and see if they were any colder! It was late and we did move to another room and I had to open two windows to get the air in the room because it was cooler outside then it was inside!! Stay away!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ehjut, General Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites - Durango, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am pleased to say that central air is up and working well. I do apologize that the room was not as cool as needed on your visit. If you booked with the hotel directly, on Choicehotels.com or 800-4choice and you did not receive a discount from the front desk, please give me a call and I would be happy to look into the matter.

970-247-4242
Charleston, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The air conditioning didn't work properly in the first room we had so we were moved to another room. The rooms were clean but later we noticed the first room we'd checked into was rented out to another guest even though the a/c didn't work. The rooms are accessed from the outside, therefore, if you are on the second floor, you must carry all of your luggage up the outside steps. This is an older Econo Lodge and the walls are VERY thin. There was a lot of traffic down Main Ave. and there was a couple fighting next door. We heard everything due to the thin walls. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. Every other hotel we stayed at during our trip at least had a refrigerator. I wouldn't stay in this hotel again. The breakfast sucked so we went to McDonald's.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ehjut, General Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites - Durango, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Early in the summer we may have had a few minor issues as we were switching the system over to air conditioning. However, I am surprised to hear of someone having difficulties on a on a recent visit. The system is working great and producing cool air that is 55º or less. Perhaps the air was not on all day in that particular room and it might have taken a while to cool down the room. Typically we are sold out most nights during the summer.

We do offer a microwave and fridge in all of our suites. For all of our guest we have a microwave available at the front desk.

In the future please always feel free to press “0” on your in-room phone anytime and myself or the front desk staff will gladly check on any noise disturbance.

While we do not offer a full hot breakfast, but we do have a substantial continental breakfast which includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, cinnamon raisin bread, wheat toast, 2 kinds of bagels, milk, juice and coffee among other things.

sincerely,

Granbury, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I stay at a lot of choice hotels and this one is a dump. Breakfast was the worst selection I have seen, there are ashtrays every 10 feet and a motorcycle washing station out front. Place should be about 50 bucks and the rooms are 150 in season. We checked out and left mid stay and changed hotels after complaining about the A/C not working. The guy on duty pointed out there was a box fan in the room. A BOX FAN for over $100? No thanks.

Stayed June 2014
ehjut, Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites - Durango, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
We are very sorry to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Our breakfast does far exceed a typical continental breakfast and includes- waffles, hot and cold cereal, cinnamon raisin bread, wheat toast, two kinds of bagels, milk, juice and coffee among other things. We do not allow smoking in any of our rooms. However, we do still have a few guest who chose to smoke. For these guests we have placed a few smokers stations around the property so that they may responsibly dispose of their butts. We are always happy to immediately relocate a specific smokers station upon request. During the summer Durango hosts a variety of motorcycle and bicycling events. Many of these guest like to use our simple wash station to help them protect their investment. I know our summer rates may not be as low as other parts of the country, but we do pride ourselves on providing an excellent value for the Durango market.

Earl jack
Assistant General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I called the hotel in April to book a room for 3 nights starting on 6-23-2014. When I arrived I was surprised by the run down look of the motel and when I tried to check in I was informed that they had booked me for only 1 night and were sold out for the next 2 nights. I did not accept the room for one night because I thought that the fact they sold my room to someone else and did not seem to care about there mistake they were not getting my business. If you call for reservations 2 months in advance you would think that your room will be available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gold coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This motel is tired and old fashion - an old TV set, no refrigerator, no microwave, a very basic and unhealthy breakfast and self serve. The bed was very soft covered with creased, non ironed linens. The reception staff were not very welcoming. A car is needed to drive to town....it may have been much better to check in one of the cluster of motels a bit further away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ehjut, Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites - Durango, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
We were very sorry to hear that your recent stay at our hotel did not exceed your expectations. We do offer microwaves and fridges in all of our suites and a microwave is available for all of our guests at the front desk. The sheets are washed, dried and changed daily. It would be extremely uncommon to find sheets being ironed at any economy hotel. We do offer our guest a nice continental breakfast, but do not offer or advertise a full hot plated breakfast. We do pride ourselves on being the closest hotel on the north side to downtown. We are at 20th and Main and historic downtown is between 5th and 12th on main. The city’s free trolly also picks up right across the street from the hotel, if people prefer not to drive or walk the half mile to downtown. There are only a few hotels downtown, including the General Palmer, Strater, and the Rochester hotel, all of which are upscale hotels.

Assistant General Manager