“Good place to stay...for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Spanish Fork, Utah
“Good place to stay...for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here on a recent road trip with the family and enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was very good. There was a good variety to eat and the kids loved it. The breakfast room was really small but sufficient for the hotel. The desk staff was nice and helpful with local area information. The rooms were a bit cramped but they had all the amenities that were needed. The bathrooms were a bit outdated but again, had everything that I needed. We wished that there was a jacuzzi to sit in after a long day driving and to entertain the kids. Overall, we had a good stay and we would stay their again, unless we were staying for more than one day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ehjut, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Durango, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We offer a wide variety of room types from a single queen bed, all the way up to a larger suite with 2 king beds and a sofa bed. We are very fortunate to have the “National Gold Award Winning” Durango Recreation Center just a few short blocks away. The Durango Recreation Center offers locals and visitors alike access to world class fitness and aquatic facilities. We look forward to see you family back in Durango.

Econo Lodge - Durango

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montrose, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The stay at the Econo Lodge was very relaxing and the people at the front desk are very helpful and friendly. The people at the front desk were able to answer any questions that I had. They also were able to guide my husband and I where the good places to eat were. Dennys is a good place to eat. Don't forget to try the zipline, it is an adventure.

Room Tip: bottom floor in corner was louder, try getting something in the middle on top floor not as nosiey,
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ehjut, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Durango, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Econo Lodge – Durango. With more restaurants per capita than San Francisco, Durango is truly a great place for dinning out. Durango offers a surprisingly large selection of restaurants from casual to upscale and a wide variety of ethnic cuisines. The majority of which can be easily reached using the city’s free trolly, which runs every 20 min and picks up right across the street from our hotel.

Econo Lodge – Durango
Springville, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Without a doubt my favorite place to stay in Durango. I was impressed with the friendly staff. Everyone treated my wife and I with such warmth and kindness. The rooms were clean and large enough that our suitcases were out of the way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is well located, however, it is VERY old and the rooms can barely fit a bed in it. The bathroom looks like it's from the 1970's and the only "table" in the room was literally falling apart to the point that you couldn't put anything on it. Good in an absolute emergency, and the staff was friendly, but the room was left to be desired.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was on a 2-week road trip through Colorado from Oct. 15-30th. Our aim was to camp throughout the state, but after one particularly cold night midway through the trip we decided to book a motel room for a quick respite. I had read some good reviews about this Econolodge, and it was only $50 for the night, so I went ahead and booked the room.

I was not disappointed!

PROS:
The receptionist was very friendly and helpful.
The room was decently spacious, clean, and had a brand new LCD TV. The bed was VERY comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the water for the shower very hot. I normally turn on the hot water all the way when showering but this was too much for me. I was pleased! Breakfast in the morning was decently varied, and the coffee was good.

CONS:
The cons were superficial - the room decor was a bit tacky/outdated. But I didn't really care. There were only 2 pillows though I imagine we could have gotten more had we needed it. Indeed, as many of the reviews state, there is traffic noise that you can hear from the room - however I always travel with earplugs so that wasn't a problem for me.

All in all, I was very pleased with our stay here. This Econolodge exceeded my expectations for a motel!

Room Tip: I was in room 105 if I remember correctly and I can recommend it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

It was a great price on Main street near downtown and everything else. Nice clean rooms and nice staff. Everything worked and was clean and well maintained. Nice place I will be there again for any of my Durango trips!

Room Tip: We had the corner room 105 nice view of the car outside just for comfort. it was quiet and very nic...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ehjut, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Durango, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. While being the closest hotel on the north side to downtown, we pride ourselves on offering excellent value to our guests. Thank you so much for posting a review for your fellow travelers. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Durango.

EconoLodge – Durango
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Drove into Durango late, no reservations. The story of our trip - fishing for accommodations after dark. Makes it the adventure, though.

A brief drive past the High $$ places that line Hwy 550 into Durango led us into downtown Durango. We were just about to go back to the highway when we spotted the Econo Lodge sign on the Ease side of town (on Main Street, also Hwy 550) with that ever welcome word to the late nite traveler: "Vacancy"!

The courteous clerk on duty quickly checked us in, the rate was one of the lowest I paid on our trip, and we headed off to the room.

What a pleasant surprise!

The rooms are older, but quite clean and tidy. Well decorated, plenty of lights, no ominous cracks in the ceiling.

The nicely appointed bathroom is nicely tucked across the back of the VERY spacious room. The bed was quite comfy - not too hard, not too soft, JUST right!

The location is very quiet and well off the road - no trains or trucks rumbling past in the night. And access to downtown is VERY convenient. We visited the local Irish Pub just down the street and got a GRAND tour by the MOST gracious bartender who, although closing up, kept us company as we enjoyed a Guinness (or two :) ).

We plan to stay there next trip through Durango - there was simply NO other hotel on our trip that was as enjoyable after a long days drive.

I cannot say enough good about this motel - BTW, it is one of the _first motels in the country, has been kept up very nicely and the aura of happy travellers permeates the grounds.

A very, VERY good place to stay in Durango - HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: Stayed in ground floor room near the corner - the morning crew did present something of a "henf...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled you found your stay to be so pleasant. We take great pride in the condition and cleanliness of guest rooms. All of our rooms have Simmons Beautyrest pillow top mattresses, making for a great night’s sleep. Were also very happy you found our location to be so convenient. Thanks again for the kind review.

EconoLodge - Durango

Been to Econo Lodge Durango? Share your experiences!