“Unhelpful staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Unhelpful staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

The rooms are comfortable and give good value for money. However, they weren't cleaned regularly during our stay. After-stay service was horrible. It was impossible to get any response from staff for items left in room.

• Liked — Good rooms and value for money
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

Durango is one of my favorite cities to visit in the United States. This Econolodge: no refrigerator in room, no pool, sink missing handle, noisy location on Main Street with a funky heating system. Friendly desk staff. Please take a look at my photos for the sink and heating system comments.
I can not recommend staying at this location.

• Liked — front desk staff
  • Disliked — age and location of facility
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ehjut, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Durango, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
I am pleased to let you know that the Econo Lodge - Durango is now under new management since your last stay. The exterior of the property has been repainted in beautiful southwestern earth tones with burgundy accents. The beds have been replaced this year with new Simmons Beauty-rest pillow top mattresses and the maintenance issues have been taken care of. I hope you will have the chance to visit our updated property. We would be grateful if you would remove the photos, as they are no longer reflect our property.

Thanks,

Earl Jack
Assistant General Manager
Econo Lodge - Durango
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

Shower / Bathtub was in poor shape with missing grout and mold. Tub didn't drain well at all and would be almost half full of water after a shower.

Antique A/C system was slow to work. Directions on the wall even indicate to open the windows and don't shower at night.

A used cup and wrapper stayed on the floor next to the bed from the time we got there until we left 3 days later.

The young man who worked the evening we checked in was friendly and helpful - gaving excellent recommendation on were to have dinner. The older man who checked us out 3 days later was rather rude, he just handed me my receipt and turned and walked away. I know that if someone spends $300-$400 with me, I can easily smile and say "thank you" . I guess that repeat business just isn't important - I know that I won't be back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor maintence
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fayetteville, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

We arrived late and had to wait to check in behind numerous people but staff was nice. Our check in was quick because we had a reservation.
Our room was old but big. When we got ready for bed and pulled back the covers, I noticed we didn't have fitted sheets and only the mattress pad was there with a flat sheet and blanket. I called and had to wait about 20 minutes but finally some extra large fitted sheets came and I had to remake the 2 beds. Continental breakfast was packaged items but a nice variety and much better than other Econolodges we had experienced.
Warning; no central heat and air. They had one system that turns on heat in the winter and cold in the summer and you can't change that. They had a sign explaining about air blowing over pipes and that you could not change the system. It got down in the 50's at night when we were there and we were worried about being cold since we could not have heat but we were OK.

Stayed July 2007
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

The time I spent on the road of my cross country journey was complimented by my stay at the Econo Lodge in Durango,CO. The front desk clerk was extremely helpful and friendly. I was directed to a nice restaurant for my meal. The rooms were crisp and clean. The beds were comfortable and provided a relaxing night of sleep. Overall I felt welcome and satisfied with my stay. I will go there again.

Stayed March 2007
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

Nice people. Cool rooms. New owners are upgrading a lot since last time.

• Liked — decorating
  • Disliked — no in room coffee
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Durango
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

Received a good rate at [----]! Located in the middle of town, the trolley was cool and the staff is fun! Rooms are pretty nice for an Econo Lodge!

Stayed August 2006

Been to Econo Lodge Durango? Share your experiences!