“...another great Choice Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Durango

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Durango to your Saves list
Quality Inn Durango
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 North Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Colorado
“...another great Choice Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

..have stayed here numerous times, and again, not to be disappointed.

Got an early check-in as requested - didn't have a "pet room" available w/one Queen bed as it was being cleaned so they upgraded me to a "double-queen" again. The dog had her own bed again. Room was immaculate - didn't have any problems at all.

The breakfast buffet was huge! Biscuits and gravy; waffles, bagels, Danishes; fruit; cerals, juices, coffee... It may have had more, but I couldn't eat everything!.... the only thing about it is they should make it till 9:30 on the weekends.

Again, no complaints - just a great review!

Staff was helpful and polite...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

very handy for downtown Durango - this hotel was probably the best of several Quality Inns that we stayed in on our trip. It did seem very busy 'though so i would recommend booking in advance if traveling to Durango

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Northport, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I visited my brother in Colorado and stayed at the Quality Inn in Durango. After leaving we both had bed bug bites the next day (we stayed 2 nights). My brother went to the doctor and got the diagnosis. The hotel denied that they had bed bugs, but we have since learned that they can go months between feedings. Beware!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
ramman7, General Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
This guests stay was on 06/17/10 to 06/19/10. We were notified about the problem on 06/21/10. There was a guest in that room checking out on 06/22/10 once the guest checked out, The asst manager and myself inspected the room immediately and found no bugs and no sign of bed bugs. The very next day we had Guardian pest conrol come out and inspect the room, and he also found nothing. I have documentation that the room was free from bed bugs. There have been guests occupying that room before and after this stay without any occurances. we also requested documentation of being treated for bed bugs and have not recieved any. This accusation though unfounded is very hurtful to my business and staff. This guest also informed us that we were not the only hotel he stayed at during his vacation
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Relatively clean, comfortable yet small, updated rooms with a nice breakfast space. But heed my advice- dont take a bath there, a pitfall that befalls this and most other hotel bathtubs is healthy bacterial cultures are present.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We went skiing in Durango with a group of friends and rented out three rooms. One room was a pet-friendly room, and the hotel informed us that the pet was not allowed in the other two rooms. Our pet never entered either non-pet room. We paid a $15 per night pet fee at checkout, which we knew about in advance. The week after we got home, we noticed a $100 charge on our card, and we had no idea why. They told us it was a $50 per room fee for the dog entering the non-pet rooms. They LIED to me and told me that the head of housekeeping SAW the dog in all three rooms, which I'm pretty sure is impossible because he never entered either of the other rooms, but what do I know?! The manager was very unhelpful and border-line rude when I explained to him that we had not broken the rules. After a long conversation, I finally got him to refund half of the charge. If you have a pet, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
ramman7, General Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
As the GM of the hotel I feel I need to respond to this particular review. We are a pet friendly hotel, but have designated rooms to accommodate guest with allergies and asthma. After being informed of the situation I personally inspected the rooms and found large amounts of dog hair throughout all rooms. My housekeepers would have no reason to lie to me about this, it would not benefit them and only means more work for them, as they have to deep clean the rooms. I believe refunding half of the amount charged was more than fair
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

If you are expecting a five star hotel, you will not be happy. But if you are content with a clean room, good bed/pillows/linens, easy to use WIFI, tons of cable channels, friendly staff and a good breakfast buffett - all for a very reasonable price - then book a room. We had a king room, and the room was not big, but we only returned to sleep, so it was fine. If you want a quiet room, just ask. We did and were happy with our room and stayed four nights.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

...stayed her 2 nights, and it was wonderful!!! It used to be a Comfort Inn, and changed brands about a year ago. I had stayed at the Comfort, but this was 100% better.

The front desk girl was wonderful, polite, helpful, and great customer service.

I had requested a pet room with a King Bed, but none were available, so she gave me a Pet room with 2 queens. That was fine because the dog had his own bed, lol...

The breakfast was also great... lots to choose from, and it wasn't crowded at all. Bagels, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast... Lots to choose from... You could use the breakfast room anytime during your stay if you wanted to heat up some food. That was convenient as I had dinner from a local restaurant, and ended up heating it up for lunch the next day.

The beds were extremely comfortable - pillows were great. Digital flat sceen TV on the wall.

Unfortunately, the pool was closed for the season, but the hot tubs were uniquely set down a flight of stairs overlooking the Animas River. Could be a very romantic setting.

All in all, the stay was wonderful!!!!! I highly recommend this hotel...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Durango? Share your experiences!