“Excellent service, great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Durango

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Durango to your Saves list
Quality Inn Durango
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 North Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 30 hotels in Durango
Denver
“Excellent service, great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Durange Quality Inn during a weeklong camping trip around Colorado. We were greeted with excellent service, very clean rooms, and fun ideas of what to do in Durango. We really enjoyed the brewery just a few minutes walk down the street. Great location. We were incredibly impressed with the service. After breakfast, we were invited to fill our cooler with ice before continuing on our trip. Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2014

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I spent 2 nights here. Checking in was quick . The rooms I was very impressed. Clean , attention to detail and no outside noise considering how close we are to the main street. Breakfast is great, I would say much better than continental....good eats. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I didn't get past the lady at the front desk. I asked about rooms (and there was vacancy) and informed her I was a member of the Privilages Club which this chain is under.

I then asked about a late check-out and she let me know in a hurry she wasn't thrilled with that. She offered 12 p.m. and when I questioned that she said 'OK, I could make it 12:30'.

Actually a member of the hotel's loyalty rewards club is entitled to a 2 p.m. checkout which I didn't need.....I have been in the process of transfering my travel demands from the Holiday Inn over to the Comfort/Quality/Marriott umbrella....but I am seriously re-thinking that one. I expect to be treated decently and not by some anti-social snob behind a sub-property. There is a reason it's rated as low as it is. And I'll certainly contact the national/regional management.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel, and I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Here at the Quality Inn Durango, happy guests are our #1 priority. We all take our customer service and guest satisfaction serious. I am very sorry to hear that you were not taken care of the way you should have been. Our Choice Privilege members are also important to us, and along with your free late check out, you should have been greeted properly, and given a gift pack. We do have many new staff members that may need additional training, and I will be using your comments to assist in that training.

I am truly embarrassed that this is the service you received during your stay at our hotel. I would love to be able to gather some further information about your stay so that I can try to make it right. Please feel free to email me personally at gm.co405@choicehotels.com.

Brooke Henderson
Quality Inn, Durango, CO
Emmonak, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Clean and great location and breakfast. near center of town, free shuttle bus run by the city outside the front door. Nice pool. Hot tub was loaded, over loaded with chlorine that made my eyes water after about 30 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
QualityM1, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear pauliefromthenorth

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on our hotels performance. We are glad you enjoyed, for the most part, our hotels many amenities. Our maintenance staff is always striving to improve and we will remember to adjust that chlorine to a less palpable level. I hope we will have another chance to make your stay with us just perfect, but if not then I would like to wish you safe travels wherever you may go. Thank you again for the kind words.

Matthew Hert and
the Quality Inn staff
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is one of the nicest inns we've experienced. Matt, the young man at the front desk was warm, courteous, and very helpful in suggesting where to eat dinner. The room is extremely clean, enjoyed the ease of connecting to the internet, and we definitely enjoyed those warm cookies. We plan to return to this inn at our trip though Durango.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jjplus1

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad you had such an enjoyable stay. Its always encouraging for me personally to get a good review. Honestly it makes me feel confident that I can continue to help guests feel welcome and taken care of in the future. Im happy that you enjoyed the work of our housekeeping and other staff as well. We will be sure to keep cookies out for when you return in the future, and hope you have happy safe travels wherever you may go.

Matthew Hert and
the Quality Inn staff
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

If I am ever in Durango, I would most definitely return here! Don't be fooled by the curb appeal - the staff is exceptionally professional and helpful, my room was meticulous and I had a great nights' sleep!

Nice variety on the continental breakfast too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Gdestiny,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and we thank you for taking to share your experience with us. Our entire team works hard for each one of our guests, and just love hearing when our guests are happy! We hope to see you again on your future trips to Durango. Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit.

Until next time,
Brooke Henderson & the
Quality Inn Durango Team
Greenfield IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Nice hotel and worth the money. Breakfast could've been better but had free samples of shampoo and conditioner and toothpaste and gum which was nice with two kids. Can't go wrong with this one. Pleasant staff too

• Stayed May 2014
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hi Trena,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience. I am so happy to hear that your family and kids enjoyed there stay, and the "little extras" provided. We are continuing to work on our full hot breakfast, and if you have any specific suggestions feel free to share them with me. Thank you again for your kind words.

Come back and see us again, and enjoy your summer with the family.

Brooke Henderson & the
Quality Inn Durango Team

Been to Quality Inn Durango? Share your experiences!