“Great Service, We will be back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Durango

You added Quality Inn Durango to your Saves list
Quality Inn Durango
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 North Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Service, We will be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a clean, well-maintained property. The room was small, but the beds were comfortable. The front desk personnel were super helpful and friendly. Sometimes you can tell more about a place by how they deal with problems than if everything goes off without a hitch. The refrigerator in our room broke down over night, this wasn't something within control of the hotel personnel. However, when I returned from a long day, I found that my refrigerator had been replaced, my bill had been adjusted,and a little note and goodie bag was left for us. All I had expected was that they would get me a working refrigerator, they went above and beyond and I appreciate it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
QualityM1, Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience. I am so happy to hear that our team took good care of you during your recent stay in Durango. Review like yours helps our team know where to make improvements, and also served as a great encouragement to everyone in the areas we got it right. We cant wait to have you stay with us again, and hope to earn a 5 star rating from you on all your future stays.

Quality Inn Durango Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Plymouth, Mn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was a decent place to stay and the rooms were clean. It is a pretty big place with
3 separate buildings. We had no problems, but when we went for breakfast, we found
that the food was cold. It looked fine, but it was very disappointing to dish up a plate of
cold eggs. It was on a warming pan, but was still very cold.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Patrick,

I am so happy that you shared your review with us about your recent stay in Durango. Our breakfast options, and freshness, is something our team works very hard on. I am so sorry to hear that your experience was not what it should have been. Your review brought many things to our breakfast attendants attention. Together, we were able to make some adjustments to our heating equipment to ensure that our food stays hot, and most importantly, fresh and healthy. We understand that you have many options when it comes to where you stay, and I appreciate you choosing us while you were in Durango. I hope you will give another opportunity to provide you with a great experience in the future.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

..Haven't stayed here in awhile due to summer Durango prices, but everything was up to par again. Spent one night here w/a pet. They have remodeled the "pet rooms" with wood floors, new paint, and surprise - a little chalk board on the wall for kids to write on! That was very cute.

I understand the logic for not having an carpet for the pet rooms, but it made the room a little colder. My dog didn't particularly like the floor though. I went to the local Walmart and purchased a cheap throw rug for him to sleep on. That was my only problem though.

The service was great (although the last time I stayed here, the Front Desk clerk called the room to make sure everything was fine). That did not happen this time. That was a nice touch, and at that time rated this hotel a 5.
The staff was really nice - didn't have much contact w/them though.

The breakfast was great! Always has been, and the cleark serving made sure everyone eating had everything they needed.

They did get a Trip Advisor button from me though! Don't know if that made a difference or not???

All in all, it's a good place to stay - rooms are nice and clean - just remember the rates in the summer go up a bit much for my taste (but then again, all of Durango does that!!).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you from our entire family at the Quality Inn for your wonderful review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us all, as it is truly the best way we have to measure our performance as a hotel. Our chalkboard walls, as well as breakfast food upgrades, and freshness, are just a few of the recent changes we have made to improve our guests experience. Another one of the changes would be the addition of wood floors in select pet-friendly rooms. Because of your review we have added pet beds to ensure the comfort of our future guests, and their furry friends. If you return you will have one in your room, or you can request to have a carpeted pet room if you prefer (we have both.) Thank you for your repeat business, and with your feed back, we hope to provide you with a 5 star stay on all your future visits.

Quality Inn Durango
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We weren't disappointed by the Quality Inn at all. Convenient location, staff was friendly, room was nice although small, bed was comfy, and the continental breakfast was more than just continental. Besides the standard fruit, yogurt, instant oatmeal, and assorted carb-bomb pastries and waffles you find at any hotel, they also had biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs one morning and scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage links the next. If I had to throw out any complaints, they are beyond the staff's control - the water in the sink took an oddly long time to get hot, and there were guests with a diesel truck that started it up promptly at 6:30 each morning and then let it warm up for 15-20 minutes.

Also the lady at the front desk offered us a brewery tour package for $25 that included a dinner and various free pints, but we already had coupons and didn't want to eat where the free dinner was (Durango Brewing Co.) so didn't take advantage of it even though it sounded like a great deal.

We would stay here again if we came back to Durango.

Room Tip: Rooms in the separate building in the back would be quieter since they're farther away from Main...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us in Durango. We love hearing about our guests experience at our hotel, and will be using your feedback to improve our property, and encourage our team. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. This is something we have been working on for a while, and are proud to offer our guests fresh cracked eggs, house chopped potatoes, and many gluten free and healthy options. Although our property rooms are fully updated and remolded, the pipes are still a bit old. I am happy to be able to say that our shower heads, and hot water heaters, are being upgraded this month, and we can't wait for our guests to be able to have an even more comfortable stay after these changes are made.

Thanks again, and come back to see us soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Pros: Friendly staff, clean rooms and really affordable rates. It is also located on Main Ave. which makes it central to downtown and the many cool things happening there. Great value!

Cons: Motel style, all doors open on the parking lot. Seems to be full of construction workers who must be working in the area. That's not a con in and of itself but they do rise early and make some noise on their exit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our guest's experience is our top priority, and your review will encourage our team, and assist in where we put our efforts in the future. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room location. The Animas River behind us, and restaurants surrounding us, are just a few of the reasons guests love our property. I understand that you have many options when traveling to Durango, and thank you or choosing to spend the night with us. Come back and visit soon!

Alamogordo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My room was very nice the bed was excellent and breakfast was very good the location was perfect right downtown and big hot hindsight Windows overlooking the river top it off with a great friendly staff

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Lynne,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding our hotel. It is so rewarding to hear that you left happy, and encourages our team to keep working hard. We thank you for choosing our hotel, and I hope we will get the pleasure of having you again in the future.

Quality Inn Durango Team
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The place was nice and friendly, the rooms have been up dated and I enjoyed my stay so much I'm going back again tonight for another stay as I travel back and forth from grand junction. For 6 weeks out of the year. They also make room for my big rig and I don't have to fight out her cars. They cone off my area.. Very very very happy with them..

• Stayed March 2014
QualityM1, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Lance,
Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are very pleased that you enjoy your stay here every time you visit. We strive to have every guest feel welcomed and comfortable. In your case it makes us feel good you have a home away from home when your traveling:)
Once again thank you, we look forward to seeing your again!

Caralina Borland &
Quality Inn team

Been to Quality Inn Durango? Share your experiences!