“Its the staff that makes this hotel worth staying” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Durango to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Quality Inn Durango
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 North Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
$10.00 off
Ranked #9 of 30 hotels in Durango
Arlington Texas
“Its the staff that makes this hotel worth staying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The rooms are a bit small but clean. It is the old style building so goes great with the area. I think this hotel is average but somehow the super friendly staff puts it a bit above. They made cookies at night and the computer was fast with a great connection. The breakfast was really good, comfy beds and a very quiet area. The doors are on the outside which is normally not my preference but the area seems very safe. I think for its price point its worth the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
QualityM1, Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi Michelle!
Thank you for your kind review, we are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay!! We work very hard on providing a full, hot, and fresh breakfast to all of our guests, and are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it. We look very forward to having you as our guest each & hope you will return to visit again soon. It makes our jobs so rewarding when our guests enjoy the beautiful area and their stay!

Cheers & Happy Travels,
Brooke Henderson & The Quality Inn Durango Team

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Marble Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We booked the room one day in advance traveling with a dog. Felt like we got a fair rate. Room was ok, quiet, clean, plenty of hot water. The person at the desk, Brooke, was awesome. She was very knowledgable, friendly, and over-all a pleasure to deal with.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lance,
We first want to thank you for staying at the Quality Inn, Durango! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Its also great to hear that your furry family was able to travel with you, we love offering a nice pet friendly place for travelers to stay. It is guests like you who make our job worthwhile & enjoyable!

We hope the rest of your travels were safe & wonderful, and we hope to see you again soon!

Kindest regards,
Brooke Henderson, and the Durango Quality Inn Team!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times over the year. My stays have been consistently pleasing. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit small, but have always been clean, and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast has hot and cold options, and is very good. The Quality Inn has been my "go to" place to stay in Durango.

I am a frequent traveler, and stay on the road over 60 nights a year. I definitely recommend the Quality Inn of Durango.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Kent,

Thank you from our entire family at the Quality Inn for your wonderful review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us all, as it is truly the best way we have to measure our performance as a hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our property, and thank you for your continued business, and for your glowing recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.

the Quality Inn Team
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you were driving by the Quality Inn in Durango CO you might just pass it by. That might be a mistake. The building is the old style motel but the very helpful staff and the outstanding home cooked breakfast certainly aren't. We were also pleased to see that it is on a convenient metro stop to downtown and the train depot if you choose. The room, though not elegant was clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We love to get input from our guests, and use it to continue to improve our hotel. Although our property is not new, we are consistently upgrading our rooms, and taking extra steps to get the details right. We are all thrilled to hear we provided you with great service, and a comfortable stay. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope you'll come back soon!

The Quality Inn Team
Longmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family booked tickets on the polar express train. With purchased a room at this hotel through a package deal from a travel agent. Upon check-in the staff was friendly, it seemed courteous. The room, however, was a bit outdated and had an interesting odor to it. The odor was a bit musty, and just old smelling. Then there was the heater, which was situated in the very back corner of the room right next to the bathroom. We had to turn the heater up to about 78° for the rest of the room to receive any heat at all. And you would think that because the heater was right next to the bathroom, the bathroom would receive eat. But it was just the opposite, the bathroom was ice cold. I'm not one much for fancy hotels, but this hotel could use a little bit of work. They did offer free continental breakfast each morning which would have been a plus, if the food was halfway edible. It was pretty bad. There's not one thing that sticks out in my mind that they need to work on, more than any other, but if you have a little bit of extra funds I would recommend staying somewhere different.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback from your stay. We sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests, and use this information to make improvements for future guests.

Although it looks like you enjoyed many parts of your stay, there were some areas that could have been improved. We are currently renovating our hotel to provide our guests with an even more comfortable, and fun experience during their stay. Part of this renovation will be new floors, carpeting and furniture, and heating and AC improvements! Our goal is to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations, and we hope these changes will help us reach that goal!

Thank you so much for providing us with your input, and we hope that you will come again on your next visit through Durango.

Brooke Henderson
& The Quality Inn Team!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here one night while passing through on my way up to wyoming.
Decided to stay a Quality Inn because I had such a pleasant stay at one in Blanding, UT. Was disappointed at first because not only was it $30 more than the one in Blanding ($10 in taxes!) but it was an older motor lodge style with doors in outside of building. I knew it was going to be very loud next to the road. But, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were nice, staff was awesome and continental breakfast was far more than I had expected. I don't know anyone's name, but they were great, almost hated to leave. I don't go through durango much but if I ever do I will definitely stay there.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review about your time with us. We really love to hear from our guests.
We are so thrilled to hear we provided you with great service and a comfortable stay while you were here. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay, and we hope you'll come back soon!

Best Regards,
The Quality Inn Team
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I visited here last month for one night. The check in staff was very nice. She even assisted me in finding parking for my large van as the lot was full; it's pretty tight parking for sure but it worked out.

I really appreciate that this hotel is pet-friendly. I travel with my dog and being able to book a room at the last minute with my furry family member is great! Only downside is there is no grassy area for them to do their business! I 'borrowed' the grass island from the hotel next door and cleaned it up promptly.

The hotel is right on Main St, so you can hear traffic at busy times. That said, I kept the fan running on the ac/heater unit all night and that did the trick. The rooms are older and kind of small, the TV is outdated, and the lighting is all fluorescent (not a fan despite their efficiency, I do not like the effects of the light on my eyes and they give me headaches). The bed was fine, pillows a bit lumpy but overall I slept just fine.

Soap products provided are made in China. Did not use. (Cosmetics from China MUST be tested on animals- this is law in China. Therefore, I do not use China-made cosmetics or toiletries). I hope they source an alternative that doesn't test on animals.

The breakfast area is situated upstairs- hot coffee, scrambled eggs, juices, typical GMO corn cereals, pre-made muffins, jelly with high-fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient- nothing made fresh but certainly over-preserved. Nothing organic offered, not even the fruit. That being said, this was a better breakfast layout than other hotels in this price range in terms of options. I did not eat but I listed what is being served for those who are looking for healthy alternatives in their diet. Traveling a lot makes it necessary to become more of a critic when eating on the go. I only hope hotels start to look at their inclusive food model as something that can be improved upon for those with dietary restrictions, such as offering organic and gluten-free items.

Despite my granular opinion on their food and lighting, it was a good value and the staff is very helpful and professional.

The pizza joint across the street- Homeslice- offers tasty pie and good craft beers, for those who are interested.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback from your stay. We are all so happy that we were able to have you, and your furry friend, stay with us! We sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests, and use this information to make improvements for future guests.

Although it looks like you enjoyed many parts of your stay, there were some areas that could have been improved. We are currently renovating our hotel to provide our guests with an even more comfortable, and fun experience during their stay. Part of this renovation will be new floors, carpeting and furniture, as well as pet beds, and healthier pet snacks for our four legged guests. We have also started looking into a 2nd, eco friendly, option for your bathroom amenities, and already added a gluten free cereal to our breakfast. Our goal is to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations, and we hope these changes will help us reach that goal!

Brooke Henderson
& The Quality Inn Team!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Quality Inn Durango? Share your experiences!