“Very Good Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Durango

You added Quality Inn Durango to your Saves list
Quality Inn Durango
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 North Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Texas
“Very Good Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Had a good one night stay while on a bike ride through Colorado. Our TV did not work in our room and the manager on duty went out of his way to deliver a new one in working order to our room. There is a full blown laundrymat within walking distance and directly across from that a great little brew pub with cold beer to enjoy while you wash your clothes. Rooms were clean and well stocked. The hotel is showing some age, but you can see that the staff is working hard to keep it maintained.

On a bad note: (Not Hotel) If you have trouble with your motorcycle while in town, do not bother to go to "Handlebar Motorsports". I had a wheel bearing going out on me and needed their help. The service manager diagnosed the problem as a very expensive U-joint issue without even looking at my bike. I would not let them change the oil in my lawnmower.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityM1, General Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear your needs were taken care of and you were able to enjoy some of the amenities near our hotel! We are working to keep our building maintained. Next time you come through the Durango area please check us out again. (P.S. Sorry to hear about the bike shop!)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We rolled the dice on tr@v&locity and got the Quality Inn.

The front desk staff was excellent, and took time to help me plan out my micro brewery bar tour and hikes in the area. The free breakfast was nicer than I expected. It was staffed and had some hot choices. The king room had a comfortable bed and decent micro fridge and tv. I will say that the king rooms are on the small side, but they were nice enough and clean. The bathrooms looked remodeled.

The one downside is that if you want to go out downtown it is far to walk. There is the free trolley in season that is handy, plus bus stops close by. Unfortunately two of the micro brews close super early (8:30?!) so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: King rooms were a bit small but nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. The front desk is very knowledgeable about many of the "things to do" here in Durango. For such a small community Durango has 4 microbreweries. Sorry to hear they don't stay open past 8:30PM. We have also upgraded our breakfast and make our own sausage gravy!

We will take your feedback seriously and hope your next stay with us will be as pleasant as this one!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

..as previously mentioned, I stay in Durango a lot, and stay here a lot. "If it's not broken, don't fix it". I always have a good experience here at the Quality Inn. The breakfast is great - lots to choose from. The beds are exceptionally comfortable.

I was upgraded from a Queen single to a double-queen last time. The room was larger, and all was well. I was very impressed with getting a call from the Front Desk about an hour after I checked in to ask if my room was okay. Keep that up !!! That is great PR and Customer Service.

Again, never a problem - Recommend it highly...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. Your comments are always used constructively and thank you for pointing out specific things we do here at the Quality Inn. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The room was everything I wanted. Extremely clean,(chemicals a bit strong),very nice flat screen TV,(even a remote with large numbers) microwave, refrigerator, very functional shower, king bed that was very comfortable, along with several small pillows, which I happen to prefer. There was a lot of space for luggage and for hanging clothes. The room could be made very dark, for great sleeping. The heating/AC unit was located in such a spot that the air was not blowing directly on me and the temperature was very constant(not hot one minute and cold the next).
The breakfast was way above average, even biscuits and gravy, and an otherwise fine selection. The breakfast room had complimentary copies of the daily Wall Street Journal.
I have stayed in motels and hotels all over the world, and I have never found a staff more friendly and accommodating. When asked about places to eat, I was shown various menus and given discount coupons for some of the restaurants.
During my stay, I had car problems and was going to have to put the car in a repair shop. When the manager was made aware of this, she volunteered to have someone pick me up at the repair shop and bring me back to the hotel and also to return me to the shop. If necessary, she would have extended the check out time, to accommodate me during the time it took to repair my vehicle. To me, this was "above and beyond" from a service standpoint.
I have stayed at this motel on many occasions and will certainly do so any time I'm in the Durango area.

Room Tip: If one would desire a more quiet room, they could probably request one farther away from the main st...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our motel. We are constantly trying to keep everything up to date here at the Quality Inn. It is such an encouragement to our staff when they hear how a guest’s time with us was made more enjoyable. Glad to hear that we will be seeing you in the future, have a great day.
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here in Nov 2011 after long drive from Santa Fe via Chaco canyone. Booked at the last minute half an hour out of Durango. Staff great, room clean and comfortable. Used the spa - had to open outside door as chemicals a bit strong. Friend traveling with used the pass to the gym around the corner which was handy. Breakfast fine. No complaints at all.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Good to hear that you had a safe trip into Durango and that your stay was pleasant. We are glad to hear that the Rec Center passes came in handy for you and your friend. There are many things in the Durango area that you can enjoy and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Delta, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Above all else, what stands out at this hotel is its very friendly and helpful staff. Although it is always challenging traveling with a large family, both the front desk reception and the rest of the staff made sure we felt welcomed and had everything we needed.

The rooms were very clean and had an updated-feel to them. The beds were comfortable and the fold-out bed we had requested in our reservation months before was in the room when we arrived. Even in September, our kids has a great time swimming in their heated pool which overlooks the beautiful Animas River.

The complimentary breakfast was the cherry on top of a great stay. Although we were running a bit late the first morning, the breakfast staff was extremely gracious and friendly and even stayed late to make us all "made to order" breakfasts.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We love hearing how different guests find something new to enjoy about our hotel. Thanks for letting us know about your stay, it means so much to us that you had a restful time. As always our staff was glad to have you folks with us and we hope to see you again soon!
scottsdale,az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

The Quality Inn in Durango was a pleasant surprise. The front desk people were friendly and helpful and even called right after we checked in to see how we liked the room. The rooms were spotless, the breakfast good and our overall stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: There are two buildings. Ask for the second building which is further away from Main Avenue, which...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
We are so glad to hear that your stay was good! Our staff here at the Quality Inn always calls to make sure you are satisfied and everything is ok with your room. We are glad you had chosen to stay with us, and hope you will see us again.

Been to Quality Inn Durango? Share your experiences!