“Great location in Durango” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Great location in Durango”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Hotel was older but in the process of upgrades. Staff was great and hotel was centrally located to downtown, within walking distance of EVERYTHING. Breakfast and happy hour were great. Hotel was very clean, and additional amenities were great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmcha, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate your taking the time to go online to review our property. It really means a great deal to all of us. We are in the process of updating our breakfast area, room vanities, adding a fitness room and updating our guest laundry area. We have added new carpeting, a new roof, and new lobby and common area furniture. We have a great convenient location, a wonderful caring staff and great amenities. Thank you for the acknowledgment. We appreciate your feedback.

970-385-4980
marykay@bwriograndeinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Farmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Location, service, and atmosphere were all excellent. In the middle of town with very little traffic noise. Proximity to shopping and dining is a short walk away. The view from the window was amazing. An excellent evening getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmcha, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thanks for staying with us. We do have a great property with a great location. We are happy that you were able to enjoy the view and hope that you had a relaxing getaway. We appreciate your review. Enjoy the spring!

Taylorsville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travel extensively for my profession, and stay in many hotels. I thought I would try this Best Western Plus hotel, as I have stayed at the other two Best Western locations in town. I am sorry that I did. The parking lot is very cramped. The ice machine was not working, and you had to go to the third floor by elevator to get ice. There was a long black hair in the shower. (I am follically challenged). The internet did not work properly. There were two lights out around the mirror. I did complain and get the lights fixed and I asked the night manager to re-boot the server. He said he would. Ms. [--], whom I think is the manager, offered to give me one night off for the trouble. I declined, due to the nature of needing a paid night's receipt. When I got my receipt home and was working on my report, I noticed that instead of the two nights being on the receipt, there was a third night showing I still owed for one night. (I stayed two nights). This was not a pleasant experience for me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmcha, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Again, I do apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. We are in the process of remodeling and we were down to just the one ice machine until the renovations were completed. As I had stated in an earlier email to you, the charge for your stay was only for the 2 nights that you stayed with us. I had taken off the one night as an apology to you for the problems that you had experienced and then put it back on once your explained to me that you could not accept the offer. We do appreciate your input and your concerns. We thank you for your business and hope that you have safe travels to your next destination.
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel has a great location; it is one block from the main street in Durango. There is easy parking, easy entrance to rooms, and they are very clean and updated. Would definitely stay here again. The staff was very helpful in suggesting many places to eat and what to see in the area. They were also very courteous. We liked the hotel and the Durango restaurants so much that we changed our plans and stayed here for two nights instead of one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do have a great convenient location, close to downtown but far enough away from all the noise! We are glad that you extended and were able to enjoy some of what Durango has to offer. We appreciate the input and hope that you will come back and stay with us again in your future travels to the Durango area.

Evergreen, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We might have been the only ones at the hotel who came to ski. This hotel is right by the train station, and an easy walk to the historic downtown Durango near all great shopping, dining, but at the opposite end of town from the ski area, tho an easy drive. All hotel staff was friendly, helpful, responsive to whatever need we had. We parked right outside our door, which was important to us. The breakfast was great, I ate too much! If we come back to Durango, this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We do have a great product with a great location and staff. We hope that you enjoyed the skiing and that we will see you again someday. We appreciate the positive feedback and your business.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very nice hotel with a perfect location in downtown Durango. Walking distance to everything in Durango. A rare find that has a great location, indoor pool, large rooms and breakfast all in one. 90% of rooms have an inside entry, make sure to request this. Most rooms of this quality are priced much higher.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmcha, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you valued guest. We believe it is extremely important to provide value to all of our guests. It is great to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value.
We sincerely appreciate such a thoughtful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Michael Vice.
Front Office Manager
Best Western PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed 3 nights last week. Traveled alone. (male) Room was great, clean and big. Staff was great. Location to services even better. Last night there a noisy group of unsupervised teens were given a room next to mine(306) and ruined my experience as I needed rest before continuing on my road trip. Too bad for me I guess.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
gmcha, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
I am so sorry that other guests disrupted your stay with us. We do have staff available 24 hours a day to assist with these issues. I am glad that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us. It is disappointing when we have wonderful guests go through a negative experience due to inconsiderate guests. Please accept my sincere apologize for the disruption. We appreciate your input and hope that you had a safe journey home.