“Best Atmosphere in Durango” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 6512 Restaurant and Lounge

6512 Restaurant and Lounge
152 East College Drive, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Randy's)
+1 970-247-9083
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 151 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "BEST MEAL IN DURANGO AND AT A REASONABLE PRICE." Fun, Upscale-Casual, Entertainment Venue, Featuring Premium Cocktails and Delicious, Local Cuisine
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best Atmosphere in Durango”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was seated immediately, bartender was extremely friendly, food was amazing and there was even live music. Crispy tamales are to die for. Clean and kept up, very nice decor, and great staff. If you are in Durango, eat at 6512!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Texas
“Best Prime Rib ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was tentative initially to go here due to the lack of parking. Let me just go ahead and say it up front that was the best prime rib I have eatin in years. They start you off with bottled water then point out the specials for the day. Don't waste your time, order the prime rib medium and you won't regret it! The service was prompt even though the restaurant was crowded. The house margarita on the rocks was very good as well.

durango, CO, United States
“A nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The first visit led to the previous "not so good" review for this relatively new restaurant in Durango. Tonight's visit was a pleasant change. They did have St Pauli NA beer to quench my thirst for a non alcohol beer versus the no offerings on the first visit. My lady friend had two glasses of the house merlot wine which was excellent. We ordered the surf & turf and calamari appetizers from the happy hour menu and they were both great. Ralph Dinosaur and Lisa Blue were playing some of their favorites to add to our enjoyment. There was one waitress handling two large groups and some smaller tables and she some how managed to keep up with the frantic pace. Still not sure if it is a restaurant or a lounge.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Food and Service were Terrific, Live Music, well ... not so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

After finishing some business in Durango, my fiancée and I were looking for a place to get a nice quiet meal before heading back home to Pagosa. We found this place just off College and thought we would give it a try. Friendly and efficient service from Bailey even though she was handling multiple tables. She never missed a beat and took great care of us throughout the evening. The food was terrific. I was so happy to see a caprese salad on the menu as it is one of my favorites and few restaurants offer the dish. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the flavors blended quite nicely. My fiancée enjoyed the filet and commented that it was one of the best he had in long time. Crème brulee had a nice touch of spice. Our only distraction was the live music. Not the greatest singer and after every song there was the random clapping from some friends (fans?) in the dining room. Really? Must we clap after every song? Dinner music should be soft and quiet and not require applause after every song. Might want to reconsider the dinner music with maybe just some light jazz or blues music and save the live entertainment for the later hours or special evenings.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sam B, Owner at 6512 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
I sincerely apologize about the musician and the fans he brought with him. I stand by our regular local rotation but unfortunately that evening we happened to be trying out a new musician we had not listened to before. I am very glad the food was to your liking and hope you will give us another try. I appreciate your feed back about the blues style musicians as that's what we are shooting for
Durango CO
“Sunday Brunch~Bottomless Mimosa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We ordered a variety of breakfast/lunch entree's at our table including eggs benedict on a homemade pastry puff, omelette, lox and bagels, chicken fried steak and salads etc. Each item was thoughtfully prepared and very tasty. When they say bottomless mimosa for $15 they mean it! Great service, love the atmosphere. This will be a regular Sunday brunch spot for us.

• Visited December 2013