“good food and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 6512 Restaurant and Lounge

6512 Restaurant and Lounge
152 East College Drive, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Randy's)
970-247-9083
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #24 of 157 restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
CHester, UK
“good food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were staying nearby and wanted to eat within walking distance and picked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews. We received a warm welcome and were seated in a private and quiet area away from the bar. Page was our delightful server who gave us all the information we needed on specials and was then attentive providing just the sort of service we like. The prime rib excellent and the pre dinner margarita as good as we would have at home. a really enjoyable dining experience.

Visited August 2013

80% Recommend
Cali, Colombia
“Please watch gluten-free labels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

For those who have gluten intolerance and/sensitivities be warned about the labeling on their current menu! From the top of my head I can remember two items that were labeled GF but were clearly not. One was the Roasted Shishito Peppers with soy and Worcestershire sauces, both of which are not GF (though Worcestershire depends on the brand). The other was the salmon entree which came over a couscous quinoa cake. Couscous is made from durum wheat.
I hope 6512 sees this review and does something about the labeling, because for people with serious allergies/reactions this is a bit irresponsible. That said, most celiacs and people with sensitivities are well aware which foods contain gluten, but it does make going out to eat with special restrictions even more stressful than it already is when you are questioning the food in front of you and can't just relax and enjoy your meal. I would recommend either changing the recipes to be truly GF, or just taking the labels off the menu to avoid confusion or possible (serious) illness.
Thank you!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sam B, Owner at 6512 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for notifying us of our errors. I sincerely apologize for the mistakes on the menu. They have since been fixed and moving forward will make sure they are proof read several times and with different sets of eyes. I hope you are willing to forgive and give us another try!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Perfect place to take friends and fam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

6512 has the best overall experience when it comes to great selection of food... especially for women who like to snack and enjoy a cocktail with some love put into it. The live music and lounge feel is different than any other restaurant in town. The warm and relaxed atmosphere makes for a hot spot to take some friends... the shishito peppers and besitos are a must try!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Bar food at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Very attentive service. Food was another issue. $13 for 6 small green lip mussels? We have been to New Zealand and these were nothing like those mussels. Fish tacos were served at room temperature and tortilla was a bit crunchy so either was sitting under light too long or were old. Burger was fine as were pork and chicken sliders. Goat cheese app served with blackberry sauce infused with Serrano ham? Really? Would challenge anyone to taste the Serrano ham with strong, sweet blackberry sauce. Interesting cocktail menu. Would go there for a drink and expect nothing but bar food.

Visited August 2013
Sam B, Owner at 6512 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am very glad you appreciated the service and drinks. I am truly sorry for the confusion on the goat cheese dip. We infuse the blackberry sauce with Serrano peppers to add a hint of spice. I agree that no one should infuse blackberries with ham. As for the mussels, I do feel we have improved them greatly but unfortunately because of the distance they travel I am unable to lower the price at this time. I sincerely hope to come back and join us for live music and a cocktail!
Durango, Colorado
“I heart this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I love 6512. It has amazing drinks and food, (try the ahi skewers) and the wait and bar staff are attentive and very friendly. It is also one of the few places in Durango to serve Sunday brunch with a variety of delicious mimosas..... A great experience to be had by all!

• Visited July 2013