“$75 for smelly room...” 2 of 5 stars

2202 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301   |
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Durango
“$75 for smelly room...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Same price in Colorado Springs I've got pretty good room, clean, fresh with beautiful view and BREAKFAST. Room was smelly, bathroom also. No view at all. And I should pay $85 for that because I had 2 beds in my room. For $85?! Hell nope. If you don't have to DO NOT stay here. Find something else.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ed,
I'm so sorry for your unfortunate experience at our motel. We've been in the business for over 25 years, we serve hundreds of customers a week and strive to create the best possible motel experience for the community and tourists.
After we received the information about the room we had our maintenance take a look at the bathroom door as well as housekeeping look at the sheets on the bed. We spoke with the front desk employee who was the On Site Manager about his comment and he stated he that he never said "he wouldn't stay here".
Again I apologize for your bad experience we appreciate the review and will continue to do what we can as a business to make our guests happy and comfortable.
-Management

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Elana N, Manager at Days End Motel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
I am sorry for your unfortunate stay with us at the Days End. We are more that willing to try and make your stay as affordable and comfortable as possible. We always try to encourage any guest to take a look at our room and accommodations before even staying. We understand that we may not have all the amenities for the guests but we do try our best to make most guests comfortable. Again we apologize for your unhappy stay with us. We will continue to do the best we can to make our guests as happy and comfy as possible.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Sleep under a bridge instead, can't smoke inside or outside your room, maid woke me upat 8:00am by opening the door to my room while i slept. There was shampoo drips on the walls of the bathroom. I will sleep in my car before stopping at this dump again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

If I could give it a zero rating or less I would. Checked out 10 minutes after checking in. Pulled the blanket back and there were stains on the sheets. Room was dirty, bathroom door was broken. Would stay in a condemned house before staying there. Door going into the building did not secure because there was no locking system on it. Front desk person even said he wouldn't stay there.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Janesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our first rooms heater didn't work. We were moved to another, where everything was in working order. The facility is clean, affordable, and quiet. Nothing fancy here but it was neither expected nor needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kailua Kona Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My boyfriend, myself, and my cousin stayed here during a last minute trip to Durango over Memorial Day weekend. The guy who checked us in asked us if we had plans to go out that evening. Being in the hospitality business myself, I assumed he was going to make a recommendation of where to go. Instead, he told us to keep quiet as if he was scolding a few rowdy teenagers. (Tells you what their usual clientele must be like... ) The next morning housekeeping knocked on our door at 9:00am. Check out wasn't until 11:00am, so I couldn't understand why they woke us up so early trying to get in. Other than that, the room was clean and the location was great. If you do choose to stay, make sure to pack some shampoo, soap, and conditioner. You won't find any in your room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I saw a lot of old TVs and furniture outside it looked like a junk yard to me. I found a new flat screen tv and furniture in the room when I went in, obviously the owner decided to spend some money and update the rooms. I had no complaints it was a comfortable room for the money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Days End Motel? Share your experiences!