“Clean/Affordable/Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Janesville
“Clean/Affordable/Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our first rooms heater didn't work. We were moved to another, where everything was in working order. The facility is clean, affordable, and quiet. Nothing fancy here but it was neither expected nor needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kailua Kona Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My boyfriend, myself, and my cousin stayed here during a last minute trip to Durango over Memorial Day weekend. The guy who checked us in asked us if we had plans to go out that evening. Being in the hospitality business myself, I assumed he was going to make a recommendation of where to go. Instead, he told us to keep quiet as if he was scolding a few rowdy teenagers. (Tells you what their usual clientele must be like... ) The next morning housekeeping knocked on our door at 9:00am. Check out wasn't until 11:00am, so I couldn't understand why they woke us up so early trying to get in. Other than that, the room was clean and the location was great. If you do choose to stay, make sure to pack some shampoo, soap, and conditioner. You won't find any in your room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I saw a lot of old TVs and furniture outside it looked like a junk yard to me. I found a new flat screen tv and furniture in the room when I went in, obviously the owner decided to spend some money and update the rooms. I had no complaints it was a comfortable room for the money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place is terrible the people standing out front smoking and drunk tells you about the character of the hotel , we had a reservation but decided to stay somewhere else. The front desk lady was nice and understanding . Look for another place !

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I really do hate to give such a bad review. I've traveled the world and seems some pretty nasty places otherwise called hotel rooms and am generally pretty laid back about the you get what you pay for policy. This was not the case.

I came to visit family in Durango but wanted some of my own space. It was mid summer so I thought Durango was a ski town and hotels would be cheap and headed down Main st to hotel row. Sadly this was not the case. Not planning to spend a ton that night I ended up at the best rate in town $74 (even) for a single room. To be fair this was about what I expected for a Motel 8 which was $119 and most others were $149 - apparently Durango is pricey all year round or I have my seasons wrong.

This is a one star place but I gave two star for the check in process. There was someone at the desk past 10:00 and he was very very nice, informative and helpful.

The room was actually a queen or king. Dated beyond belief, which I don't really care about BUT OMG this place was run down and dirty (this coming from a 3rd world deep down, dirty in the middle of India kind of dirty perspective). I actually don't even mind run down that much or dirty but filthy I don't care to pay for.

The cleaning crew had the audacity to leave note hand written on a napkin (nice touch) when the floor was untouchable and bleach had clearly not been used in the bathroom for a decade that tips were appreciated.

The good news was that the windows would open to let out the must and stink and the bathrooms overall weren't moldy and bug ridden. I didn't stay long so I can't say much about the amenities or things like restaurants or internet access.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We picked this place because of it's central location and the price. Honestly if I had known I would have gladly paid more for better accommodations. The so called "creek view rooms" that you pay a bit more for was ridiculous, you can't see the creek or stream for the back-ho in the parking lot blocking the view. The carpets in our room was soaking wet from a the carpet cleaning they had just done. The towels were small, rough and worn out The room smelled and was way out dated ...Oh ! and they charge for ice !!!!! I usually don't take the time to write reviews but this place is so bad I thought I would save anyone else the aggravation of staying here.

Room Tip: Use another motel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

upon check in the front desk associate acted like he could care less. directed us to park in the back when the front was closer to our room. the room - had an odor that was very unpleasant. then there were 2 box elder bugs in our room that I had to kill. the free Wi Fi - well it wasn't - it didn't work for the 2 days we were there.
it is old and needs lots of work, I would not recommend this to any
and the first morning - the housekeeper knocked but didn't wait for us to say anything she just opened the door and started to come in till we yelled - hey

Room Tip: don't go here -
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days End Motel? Share your experiences!