“East by Southwest” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
East by Southwest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 158 restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East College and 2nd Ave.
Description: A taste of the Far East in the heart of the Southwest. We create vibrant fusion cuisine rooted in the flavors of Japan & the Pacific Rim. We are proud to serve all organic meats & poultry, such as American Kobe, Kurobuta Pork, & Natural Black Angus Beef. At our sushi bar enjoy cutting edge sushi & sashimi made from the best quality seafood & fresh line caught fish from Hawaiian waters. Our menu offers many tantalizing small dishes. We encourage you to order a variety of them and share amongst your table.
Chula Vista, California
“East by Southwest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 NEW

The waiter, David was very very good and super attentive with superb service. The meal to say the least was one of the better restaurants I have eaten in. Had the half duck and it melted in my mouth and the amount was more than any other restaurant I have eaten in. Also enjoyed the kimchee, the California roll and the East meets Southwest house sushi roll was great and the portions where substantial. Great value for what we got!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
“Ask for Zach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 NEW

I live in Durango, so I go here a lot but I've never had Zach until my last visit! He was so nice and was very helpful when I was deciding what to go with (hamango roll)! Not once did I have an issue finding him when I needed something. Great smile, great personality!

The food is always great, but it's the customer service that makes the visit excellent and Zach's inviting self really helped out with that. He earned every dollar of the tip I gave him!

Corrales, New Mexico, USA
“Durango food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 NEW credit card Amex Card Member Review

Downtown, excellent location, comfortable ambiance, casual, comfortable, friendly. Hard-working,knowledgeable server. Varied, very good menu with sushi, sashimi, fried calamari, salads all very good. Great alternative in Durango from steak houses.

Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Disappointing, but I'll try again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

After hearing good things about them and seeing lines at the door, I stopped in for lunch. I was greeted enthusiastically and then things went downhill. My server seemed distracted and served me in a perfunctory way. The lunch menu looked good, but my soup could have been hotter and my two selections were rather bland. I'll chalk this one up to one of those snakebit events and come back again in a few weeks. We'll see what happens.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Durango, Colorado
“Ask for Emily!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

3 of us had a wonderful lunch at East by Southwest today. Food was delicious, as always--but it was Emily, our server, who really stood out. She was friendly, polite, knowledgeable of the menu, attentive, but not hovering. We are locals and don't usually request a specific server, but we will from now on. Table 81/1 1:51pm - JLS

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere