“It was okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Woodstock, Georgia
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Durango is a very expensive place to stay in tourist season, and the Adobe Inn would probably be a $45 a night motel if it wasn't in a resort town. It was okay, though. The worst thing was the shower-the water pressure was so low you had to run laps to get good and wet, and my usual 15 minute shower took 30 by the time I got clean and rinsed. The bathroom needed renovation, and the whole room could've used a thorough cleaning. Nothing disgusting, just dust and grime in the corners, and the back of the bathroom door looked pretty icky. That being said, there were pluses. The front desk clerk was friendly and accommodating. The bed linens were good quality, and were clean and crisp. The bath linens were likewise good quality, fluffy clean, and there were plenty of them. There was a fridge and microwave, but no coffee maker in the room. Breakfast was convenience store type pastries, but they were good and fresh. The decor was retro, (not sure if they meant it to be!) but we thought it was cute. Considering the prices in Durango, if you don't want to pay a fortune for your room, the Adobe Inn will do you okay.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

For our trip, our rooms were some of the cheapest in Durango. So I wasn't expecting much. The beds were comfortable. The furniture and decor were older. They had the ultra low flow shower heads so the shower wasn't great. It was mostly quiet in the rooms, but do expect road noise while in the hot tub because it faces a busy road. The packaged pastries were the kind you buy at a convenience store.

They were friendly at the desk and allowed us an extra hour to checkout so we could do a morning river trip.

This is an average motel on a busy street. So I wonder about the excellent reviews. It's just not that excellent.

• Stayed July 2013
Mead, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked with booking.com and was under the impression we were getting a non smoking 2 queen room, but when we got there they only had a one queen room that was a smoking room available. The smell in that room was horrible...my grandson that was with us has trouble breathing around smoke so I knew that was going to be horrible. I asked for a refund and they would not refund my money as there receipt says they will guarantee 100% satisfaction within the first 30 minutes of checking in...I went straight to the room and right back to the front desk to get the refund. Needless to say I went to Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of room nueturalizing sprays and tried to get through the night....HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay there and you wont have to worry about this!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AdobeInn, Manager at Adobe Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
This guest presented to the Adobe Inn having made a reservation through Booking.com. Her reservation was for a smoking Single Queen room. She was upset beyond imagination. Why she didn't address her perception of a different room when she made the reservation, or bother to read her reservation before her arrival isn't common. Stranger still, with all the complaints about the smoking accomodations, her husband is a smoker and spent considerable time outside in the courtyard--smoking. He seemed to be okay with things.

Our hotel as well as the rest of the Durango area were sold out months in advance. We only had the smoking rooms available. There was no where else in town to go, especially at our rates. She had the last room available. Adobe Inn
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Durango did not seem to have a lot of nice places to stay so the Adobe Inn seemed to be the average place there. There was really nothing wrong, it just has a motel feel to it. We stayed at a 5 star hotel the night before for $40 more (in Crested Butte). However, it was very close to the main heart of town and we were just passing through anyway. The beds were reasonably comfortable and I slept well. They serve coffee and packaged pastries in the morning, free wifi, outdoor hot tub and it seems safe to stay there.

Room Tip: It is overpriced for what you get but is standard for stayin in town.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel was great! The staff was always soooo friendly and went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. They recommended restaurants that were always delicious and local activities which were always fun! I could honestly go on and on about the wonderful staff, but there are other reasons to stay here as well.

The room was clean and the showers were nice and hot! I really liked how soft and supportive the beds were, and that the sheets were soft and smelled fresh. They never minded giving me more pillows and towels when I asked for them, which was nice. The room also had a flat screen TV with local channels, not that I was in the room much to watch TV. They also had free WIFI that worked really well when I used it.

I like their location too! You can walk either way down Main Ave and find new and interesting things to do and see. This historic part of main is quite a walk away, but the only hotel that I saw in a better location was I think the Strater, and they were ridiculously expensive.

The breakfast has really good coffee and cinnamon rolls. They offer breakfast every day, and have a little snack bar where you can buy sodas and candy for a pick me up. I didn't get to use the hot tub because I'm pregnant, but it was clean and ready for use while we stayed.

All and all I really enjoyed my stay here, and the people really made me think of moving here permanently. If you want a clean room at a great price, and friendly people to boot, then you should stay here! My husband and I will be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Adobe Inn from January to April & it was a very pleasant & cozy atmosphere. The staff were friendly & there was free pastries every morning. It was so nice to see that they were pet friendly, as well.

The room was clean & the bed was very comfortable with nice, soft linen. And when I asked the front desk if I could have a couple more pillows they were super happy to comply. There was a 32 inch flat screen t.v. in the room & there's a phone in the rooms with free local calls.

Everyone there was so kind & welcoming, even the other customers, and by the time I left I felt like I was part of another family, the Adobe Inn family. I can't wait to go back there in the summer so I can try out their outdoor hot tub.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly front desk, good looking exterior, but shabby and overpriced facility. In-room amenities are a tv, a large fan and a space heater. On the plus side, it inspired us to get on the road very early.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Adobe Inn? Share your experiences!