“About the norm in Durango” 3 of 5 stars

Adobe Inn
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   2178 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301   |
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“About the norm in Durango”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Durango did not seem to have a lot of nice places to stay so the Adobe Inn seemed to be the average place there. There was really nothing wrong, it just has a motel feel to it. We stayed at a 5 star hotel the night before for $40 more (in Crested Butte). However, it was very close to the main heart of town and we were just passing through anyway. The beds were reasonably comfortable and I slept well. They serve coffee and packaged pastries in the morning, free wifi, outdoor hot tub and it seems safe to stay there.

Room Tip: It is overpriced for what you get but is standard for stayin in town.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel was great! The staff was always soooo friendly and went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. They recommended restaurants that were always delicious and local activities which were always fun! I could honestly go on and on about the wonderful staff, but there are other reasons to stay here as well.

The room was clean and the showers were nice and hot! I really liked how soft and supportive the beds were, and that the sheets were soft and smelled fresh. They never minded giving me more pillows and towels when I asked for them, which was nice. The room also had a flat screen TV with local channels, not that I was in the room much to watch TV. They also had free WIFI that worked really well when I used it.

I like their location too! You can walk either way down Main Ave and find new and interesting things to do and see. This historic part of main is quite a walk away, but the only hotel that I saw in a better location was I think the Strater, and they were ridiculously expensive.

The breakfast has really good coffee and cinnamon rolls. They offer breakfast every day, and have a little snack bar where you can buy sodas and candy for a pick me up. I didn't get to use the hot tub because I'm pregnant, but it was clean and ready for use while we stayed.

All and all I really enjoyed my stay here, and the people really made me think of moving here permanently. If you want a clean room at a great price, and friendly people to boot, then you should stay here! My husband and I will be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Adobe Inn from January to April & it was a very pleasant & cozy atmosphere. The staff were friendly & there was free pastries every morning. It was so nice to see that they were pet friendly, as well.

The room was clean & the bed was very comfortable with nice, soft linen. And when I asked the front desk if I could have a couple more pillows they were super happy to comply. There was a 32 inch flat screen t.v. in the room & there's a phone in the rooms with free local calls.

Everyone there was so kind & welcoming, even the other customers, and by the time I left I felt like I was part of another family, the Adobe Inn family. I can't wait to go back there in the summer so I can try out their outdoor hot tub.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly front desk, good looking exterior, but shabby and overpriced facility. In-room amenities are a tv, a large fan and a space heater. On the plus side, it inspired us to get on the road very early.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Farmington, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is located in midtown Durango, not the historical downtown. It is too far to walk to the historic district, especially in the ice and snow. It is very clean and has very reasonably priced rooms. There is a funny plastic feel to the bedding. Danish and coffee for breakfast were just fine.
Did not hear noise from the neighboring rooms or highway. I would stay here again, especially since they take pets for a reasonable fee. Just be ready to drive to your downtown restaurants and bars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The room, with two queens, was nice and big, bed was very comfortable. The shower was clean and hot. wifi was excellent. Nice, big flt-screen tv with plenty of channels. Heating unit was more than adequate. Room was quiet. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Expectation is simple in a hotel. If the place is clean and quiet then its is not to bad of a place to stay. Adobe Inn failed on both fronts. The room was dirty and at 3:30 am next door was quite loud. When talking with the owner in the morning it is obvious she is checked out of the business. She did offer us some disgusting coffee and sweet rolls in the morning. We will not stay another evening here. Best advice is to stay far away from this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AdobeInn, Manager at Adobe Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
The front desk lady was not the owner.

She had not "checked out", but extremely wary of this guest, so much so, that she asked another guest not to leave her alone with him. Showing up way before opening in the dark, with a socking hat on and upon opening not answering a polite greeting, but going to computer and sitting while being offered coffee, hot tea or coco. This guest never tried any of the three kinds of pastries or had any beverage during the three times he entered the lobby.

On a weekend in any hotel you take a chance of people partying and staying up late. Our conversation was "How do you call the police?" I told him to dial 9 and then the number or 911. He said "We didn't think it was an emergency. The guy next door was just loud and wouldn't be quiet"

Later he came back in and told me he had previously pounded on the wall and the guy next door was to drunk and loud to notice. He told me he recently returned from Afganistan and Iraq and led all his people out. He asked me to call the other room every 5 minutes to aggravate the other guest as much as possible as a favor to him.

We serve Folger's Gourmet Roast coffee made in Cuisinart brewers and offer free, individually wrapped cinnamon , cheese, and cherry breakfast rolls made by Cloverhill and retail for $2-$4.00 ea. We do not offer or advertise a breakfast to entice our guests. We just have it there for them. We do not have a 24 hour office although we have posted after-hour emergency MOD phones and police numbers posted if needed. Given the guest's "not an emergency" statements and telephone capabilities, obviously we did not provide enough to suit him, but what could? We cannot be all things to all people as hard as we try. He never asked for any favor or relief at all.

Lastly, there was no mention of poor cleaning standards from him or any of our guests. Our attendant staff is long tenured and all rooms are inspected for defects. We don't have complaints about cleanliness.

Been to Adobe Inn? Share your experiences!