“We came, we soared, we made friends and took memories” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 50 Activities in Durango
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a full day zip line course adventure that takes you over 27 different zip line spans through aspen groves and over the Animas River. Remotely located in the San Juan National Forest near Durango, CO and only accessible by the Durango Silverton Train, Soaring is an adventure for people ages 5-90! Price includes train ticket, Soaring and a gourmet lunch in the trees.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“We came, we soared, we made friends and took memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

As an ex-disney, theme park cast member, I expect a certain level of excellence that I rarely see in attractions... and this was an exception worth sharing. The crew were friendly, professional and safety aware, at all times. The zip lines were well maintained and fun. The lunch was delicious. The soaring guides were courteous, friendly and fun. The eco-guides were knowledgeable and helpful. This may sound like a rating by someones relative, but it isn't. Just a super-impressed guest who's expectations were blown away by an amazing group. We had a group of seven - young and old, and everyone left smiling.

San Francisco, California
“Amazing - don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

At first you may think the price is a bit much - but I gladly would pay every penny again just to experience this much fun! You ride the train up to Tall Timber, disembarking while watching staff literally swinging from the trees. Everyone there treats you like royalty. Their professionalism and enthusiasm never stops; the zip line thrills and chills go on all day. A four-course gourmet lunch is provided mid-day; (Save room for the homemade cookie ice cream sandwich) - followed by even more zip adventures. The ecologists on staff were so informative - I thought they were only there to occupy us while we waited our turn, but they are so knowledgeable, and the information was shared with us in such a fun way. Who knew you could eat lichens! Thank you to J.T., and the girls, for showing us the mistletoe tree, and to everyone who shared their knowledge and sense of fun with us that day! I am 65 years old, and went upside down on the zip lines - an unforgettable experience that I intend to share with my whole family in the near future. The teens will especially love this adventure! Don't forget to stop in the gift shop to get your souvenirs before the train comes to take you back down to Durango. A wonderful, amazing, thrilling day that will stay in my memory forever. Thank you Denny, John Roy and family <3

Visited June 2014
Aztec
“Unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The experience was amazing! The staff were polite & attentive. But the zip line and amazing views make this trip well worth it. Looking forward to another repeat. Thank you to everyone there.

Santa Clarita, California
“Best day EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit that it was high school peer pressure that got me on this adventure! I zipped in Costa Rica several years ago and was terrified the whole time. This was a totally different experience. From the time Jamie, Mary, and Hugh (Who?) met us at the train in Durango until we returned tired, dirty, and exhilarated 9 hours later, we felt like VIPs. The entire staff is amazing. You will never meet a more professional group of young people. They strive to greet you by name at every meeting, whether it be at a landing platform or during the gourmet lunch that they serve. We learned about the land from our Eco-Rangers, Nick and Nicky. (Nick, your mom should be delighted with the choice you made for this summer!) I can't say enough about Jamie. She is a delight. Oh yes! The soaring! It was so much fun! I will not lie about being just a tad nervous each time I stepped off of a platform, but that was just me. The crew has you safe and sound at every step of the way. Do it! If eleven women from the class of 1969 can do it, with smiles that make your face hurt, so can you!

Visited June 2014
Grand Junction, Colorado
“AMAZING!!! (:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The staff was so so so friendly, very professional, and I felt like they really wanted to get to know me! It was a beautiful setting and I loved it!!! (:

Visited July 2014

Been to Soaring Tree Top Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Soaring Tree Top Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.