“AWESOME!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a full day zip line course adventure that takes you over 27 different zip line spans through aspen groves and over the Animas River. Remotely located in the San Juan National Forest near Durango, CO and only accessible by the Durango Silverton Train, Soaring is an adventure for people ages 5-90! Price includes train ticket, Soaring and a gourmet lunch in the trees.
Boulder, Colorado
25 attraction reviews
“AWESOME!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a FANTASTIC way to spend the day.

I took my teenage son & boyfriend here for a birthday celebration. You start by getting on the Durango/Silverton train, however, they drop you off halfway to Silverton at Soaring Tree Top Adventures. A morning & afternoon of zip-lining thru aspens, forests & over the river, with a break in between for lunch. It was so much fun & breathtaking scenery. Catch the train on its way back down to Durango to wrap up the day - it was perfect.

HIGHLY recommend this to anyone - it's a blast.

Visited July 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fantastic Zip Line Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband, son and I had our first zip line adventure at Soaring Tree Tops Adventures and it was phenomenial! The entire staff was wonderful and it was a great day for our family. Everyone associated with this company is outstanding and I mean everyone. The snack and lunch provided were also fantastic ... everthing was homemade and beyond delicious. Safety is clearly of the utmost importance to this company. I was extremely nervous to do a zip line but the staff was so understanding and patient with me. I highly recommend them ... you will not be dissappointed.

Visited October 2012
oklahoma
25 attraction reviews
“vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

great adventure, fun to do and very safe. hubby and i did the zip line on 10/15/2012 and had a great time. they served a gourmet lunch and it was great. the train ride was very relaxing and my hubby took pictures from the platform both going up and coming back down. all of the guides on the zip line were very experienced, and gave us a lot of information not only about the zip line but also about the area and its history.

Visited October 2012
Katy, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“There's a reason it's a 5 star rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I guess the best review I could give is, if Disney did a Zip lining adventure then it would be called Soaring Tree Top. The only drawback was you had to leave and did my 10 year old let me know it. I'm glad the train trip is only to get there because I'm not sure I'd take the train otherwise. It's nice but since I've done a train trip like this in Alaska, it had lost it's appeal for me. But Soaring was AWESOME. It's staff was more than first rate, so professional and I never had a fear about safety.

Visited August 2012
Mason City, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
“Most fun I've had in 50 years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This trip was my wife's idea for the whole family and I was shocked at first as she has a real issue with heights. She was so excited the entire time. She didn't even hesitate the 1st time! No, she didn't do many 'tricks' but the fact that she enjoyed it so much was amazing as there are times when you are standing on a platform 50 or more feet in the air and stepping off to zip away and she has trouble driving across a bridge.
The ride up to Soaring on the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge railway with its vintage steam engine was very scenic and in a 1st class car. Nick was the Sky Ranger who met us at the station and rode with us to Soaring and back to Durango. He was hilarious and very easy to talk to.
After we arrived we were given free lockers to store our 'stuff'. The Sky Rangers were SUPER nice and amazingly helpful. They were everywhere to help and guide, they did not just tell you what to do they added a personal touch. Then we learned about Soaring and the amazing equipment that the owner designed and patented that not only holds everything in place, but does so without harming the trees, not one nail or screw goes into the trees and they can even grow while the equipment is in place.
Instruction was short and informative. Soaring is not a standard zip line as you can do tricks and hanging on is optional. You start out from a tree where a staff person or Sky Ranger gets you set and tells you what to expect at each platform and then you soar to another tree. You don't even have to hang on. You can spin, go backwards, turn upside down and more depending on your mood and daring. When you get to the end, the line and/or the Sky Ranger slows you down so you can just stop and put your feet down on the platforms. There is ALWAYS a Sky Ranger with a smile within reach. It seemed like the Rangers just magically appeared to help. (Until I caught sight of one scampering through the forest like a deer.) Sky Ranger Cassie noticed my video camera was only going to film my harness and ran, literally, to the gift shop, got a neck strap, ran back and helped me get it attached. (That's thinking and caring, not just being nice and answering questions.) You are clipped onto something solid the entire time. It is so safe I can't even imagine how anyone could get hurt unless they are really trying to.
All the staff was super nice including the owner’s granddaughter. Even if you did something you weren't supposed to, they corrected it, kept it safe and still had you smiling, lots of chatting and joking. Cassie was fantastic and made my time more fun by treating me like an uncle, teasing included. All the Rangers talked and joked with us. The ‘Nature Ranger’, Alli, made what little down time we had interesting by telling about the flora and fauna and could tell you about anything you could touch or point to.
Awesome fun, super safe, people who care about you and the environment and a staff that actually treats you like family, (to the point that within an hour I think they knew every one of our 30 names), and even a gourmet meal, snack and beverages provided. I would go back in a second for more and I have been telling people about it ever since we left. There no words that I can use to say how fantastic our experience was and how wonderful the Sky Rangers were.

Visited September 2012

Been to Soaring Tree Top Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Soaring Tree Top Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.