“Needs Updating” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Durango
London, United Kingdom
“Needs Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Durango is amazing town to visit and Spanish Trails are situated on the main road. The Inn needs updating in bedding and we even had broken aircon. The room smell was not good. The best is the supermarket across the road and bus stop to town at the Inn. Very friendly staff member checked us in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

What can I say besides Average,Average,Average yet it had everthing was clean, limited cooking[microwave]good safe atmosphere.Close to supermarket if you need it public transport right outside & liquor store.Would stay again,Wifi worked in our room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

First time staying in Durango, CO last time staying at Spanish Trails in Durango. Office is open only from 10:00 AM til 7:00 PM, I've number the complaints.
1. If you need it later at night, or earlier in the morning, well your just out of luck.
2. Parking spots are very narrow, even for a small car, Pick-up or full size just cann't fit in.
3. Very out dated, curtains are worn out, can see rips in the fabric, let daylite in.
4. Ice Machine, want ice your going to pay 50 cents to use the ice machine.
5. Carpets so old, has bad stains in them, like blood that has dryed from years ago.
6. Wi Fi doesn't work, that's why it listed as free.
7. Was doubled charged on the credit card. Had to pay in advance for the rate of $75.00.
8. This was probly has got to be the worse motel I think I've ever stayed in in my 40 years of traveling around the country.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Zwolle, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the $69 rooms with two queen beds. The room was clean and had good wifi. It is a very good place if you want a good large room with an excellent bed. There is even a small kitchen sink. Nice if you stay more nights. The staff is very friendly. On the other side of the street is a big supermarket. Convenient. Street noise is what you can expect if a motel is next to a street, but was no problem to us even with the window completely opened. Some chairs in the walkway give a nice seat in front of the room. All in all a good place to stay. A place I would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Some of the previous reviewers are delicate flowers who probably should never leave home. I stayed here on my own and all was well. Noone tried to break into my room or my brand new car or kidnap me and sell me into the white slave trade. The desk clerk was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and it was 40 bucks which is damn good value for Durango.

Room Tip: It's. Not the Ritz. It doesn't pretend to be.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was a very gross hotel from first glance. It was obviously a very busy hotel by the looks of the parking lot. Gave this hotel a chance while I was traveling through for Christmas. The hotel room itself was very dirty and very dated. The floor heating system did not work, there was mold in the bathroom, the bath tub was not cleaned. The front staff was not friendly at all. It was a very scary hotel to be at during the 3 day stay I was there. The cops had showed up twice during my three day stay where individuals had gotten arrested. Somebody who was staying next to mr stated there was an issue with crime at the hotel. I travel through Durango when I am coming or going for school and I will not recommended this hotel to anyone or stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
southwestmama55, General Manager at Spanish Trails Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Durango is a tourist town and a college town and therefore all hotels in town have issues with
crazy patrons. Sorry that this customer wasn't happy with his stay. Most realize that for the price they are not going to get the Ritz. We are constantly updating and perhaps this patron was in one
of the few rooms not yet attended to - wintertime is our remodel/update time as we are always booked in the summer. Our hotel is not any more police-patroled than any of the others which goes back to being a college town and tourist area. People are here to relax and sometimes get a little
crazy. So sorry this patron felt unsafe.
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This place was only $40 a night so I didn't expect much. The room was the worst smelling room I've ever been in. It was obviously smoked in... For years. Bedding was burnt and stained so I'm glad I had my own sleeping bag which is still being washed. Spend a few $ more and have a good night somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013
southwestmama55, Manager at Spanish Trails Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
This guest booked himself into a smoking room so I can't understand his complaint about the room smelling like smoke. If he did not wish to have a smoking room, we had many other non-smoking accomodations available. I am sorry he felt that our accomodations were not up to his standards.
We strive to serve those on a very tight budget and our ammenities reflect this. We do our best to make sure everyone is happy with their stay and if this guest had spoken with our staff, those
issues would have been addressed. I assume he has stayed at EVERY other hotel in the United States since he has determined that ours is the very worst in the United States. Hard to believe
that is the case.