“I'm Hooked” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Tibenham, Norwich
“I'm Hooked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We enjoyed a leisurely walk around Durango in the afternoon and this restaurant seemed to be the best option for an evening meal, although I was no lover of sea food. However, this place converted me and we had a terrific meal. I enjoyed the Tequila Shrimp, whilst my wife drooled over the Lobster Pot Pie. The place was fairly busy, but we enjoyed wonderful service in a great environment. Unfortunately, our tour had to set off early the next day and so we couldn't go back.

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“There are better restaurants in Durango”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We dined here on a Friday night and were surprised that we were almost the only people there when we arrived around 7pm. The waiter was very friendly and told us about the specials. He bragged about the salad bar (which other people on tripadvisor also do) but then informed us that if we wanted it, it would only be an additional $8 each! As the food we ordered came with vegetables we opted out. I ordered the ruby red trout and it came over cooked. The fish came on a bed of rice with fresh cooked vegetables. The vegetables were fine but everything else tasted like it came off of a Sysco truck. Something that was prepared somewhere else and then just given a quick flourish by the chef before sending it out. Even the dessert (complimentary with a coupon from our B&B) wasn't very good. This may be why the place was so empty while other restaurants a half block away had over an hour wait to be seated. There are many good restaurants in Durango, we don't feel this is one of them.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Collinsville, Texas
“Best salad bar I have ever eaten !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

While perusing a eating out in Durango guide in hotel I saw that they had trout and wanted to try it, so we went and thoroughly enjoyed it. They accommodated my husbands few 'particulars' and even asked the chef a question for us on a certain term we (and the server) weren't familiar with. Now, the salad bar - had everything you could ask for (for instance alfalfa sprouts) and chilled plates. A 'house-made' vinaigrette dressing was a nice touch. I ended my meal with the crème brulee and coffee - heavenly ! If you visit Durango, eat here. When I come back, I'll probably just have the salad bar.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Lovely Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Thanks to the staff at the Red Snapper for a 20th anniversary dinner to remember.
They seated us at a table in front of the big salt water fish tank which was a nice touch. Several staff came by to wish us a happy anniversary. Our waiter was attentive, but not invasive. A special dessert with a candle was a nice surprise. Steak and trout were equally well prepared in the open kitchen. On a side street and worth searching out anytime, but especially on a special occasion.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Washington
“Tasty food, what else do you want?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife had the 'special', scallops with sesame rice and a 'vanilla'(?) Grand Marinier sauce -- delicious; and I had the Ahi Tuna entree, also delicious. Nice venue--the salt water fish tank sure beat a flat screen blather of news or sports. Worth a trip if you are in the neighborhood.

• 4 of 5 stars Food