“excellant seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“excellant seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is not a chain restaurant. Its the real deal culinary experience. The salad bar is awesome. The seafood dishes are exciting and unusual. I think you will be impressed. We usually make it our anniversary place for dinner every year.

• Visited June 2013

Arizona
“Worth the price of admission”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

You wonder about how good seafood can be in a relatively small town hundreds of miles from the ocean. Don't worry about it at the Red Snapper. I had the Cioppino ($22) and it was delicious. The tomato broth was thicker than most, but it certainly worked. We started with Calamari ($9) which was nicely cooked and lightly breaded. My son had the Lobster Pot Pie ($20) which contained huge chunks of lobster and a delicious creamy sauce baked in a puff pastry.
Price-wise it's a little higher than I'd expect, but when you consider where you are it's not bad.
Our server Paul was attentive without being intrusive.
Overall a very good meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monument, Colorado
“Best Colorado Ruby Red Trout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My cousin and I ordered the special of the day which was a Red Ruby trout with a special glaze - it was so good we came back two days later and had an equally fabulous dinner. The owner is a fabulous host. Plus they have half price appetizers during Happy Hour!

• Visited July 2013
“Awesome Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went with a girlfriend for lunch last week. It was my first lunch experience although I've been many times for dinner. We were very pleased! Shannon was our server and she's a professional if there ever was one. We had the wine special which was a French Chardonnay. I'm not typically a white-wine kind of gal, but it was really nice. We opted for the salad bar which is the best one around and a couple of cups of amazing Lobster Bisque. We were so very happy!

“Wrong from the start”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

First and last visit. Reservation made previous day. Upon arrival, no record of same. Unfortunately there were many many tables available. Pleasant ambience. Wood, acquarium, butcher block booth table. We ordered two daily specials. My partner ordered Ahi with vegetables. We had to send it back. It was chewy with a definite spoiled flavor. They replaced with Trout special. It was judged acceptable. My entree was pan seared Halibut over lobster infused mashed potatoes. Halibut was good. Potatoes were very salty. Our server was pleasant and competent with limited experience. The 80% empty restaurant during peak season is testament to a very mediocre restaurant. You can do much better in Durango.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere