“Excellent customer service and great food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Kapaa, Hawaii
“Excellent customer service and great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This was our first trip to Durango. After a long hike we wanted a good hearty meal. A local recommended the Red Snapper restaurant. We arrived 15 minutes before closing. We were still greeted and seated and given the best customer service ever. Katie was our waitress and she made us feel right at home. Our meal was cooked by Chef Mikey who cooked all entrees perfectly! The Red Snapper is "No ka oi" (#1) absolutely the best.

• Visited June 2011

Phoenix, Arizona
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I'm in Durango 3-4 times a year and always stop in. I love this place. I always order the ahi tuna, as it is a light enough dinner to enjoy after a heaping plate of salad from the salad bar. I always look forward to speaking with owners John and Nancy and their staff, Buzz , Shannon and Carla are so nice. I was surprised by some of the negative comments. If you are looking for a nice restaurant, the snapper is it.

• Visited May 2011
Hesperus, Colorado
“other options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

hadn't been to the snapper for a number of years, and now i remember why. took my girlfriend, and both of us were less than impressed. we both were disappointed in our meals. sure the salad bar was good, but that's not what we paid high dollar for. meals were just basic, nothing at all fancy for the price. if dining in durango, there are way better choices for similar prices. the palace, kennebec cafe, ken & sues would all be better choices and believe me, the food stands out. just didn't think the meals were worth what we paid.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“a fine meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We have been here several times and it is quite consistent. Great salad bar included with entrees which are quite tasty. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2011
Durango, Colorado
“MY MOST FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN DURANGO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

The Red Snapper is, by far, my most favorite restaurant in Durango! The salad bar is the best in town, not to mention, the inviting atmosphere! The staff is friendly and welcoming. I have never had a bad experience here and that is one of the reasons my friends and I continue to go back, not to mention the Tequila shrimp is devine!

• Visited March 2011