“Durango Lodge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Durango Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durango
Durango Lodge
150 E 5th, Durango, CO   |
Ranked #15 of 30 hotels in Durango
Stroud
“Durango Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel was fine and the balcony was nice. It was however the perfect spot to stay if you are going on the Durango Silverton train as it is right by the station.
The pool and hot tub were also a bonus.
All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Akron, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my family really liked this hotel. We stayed here about a month ago and the location was fantastic and was close to all the attractions in the town. The rooms were also very clean and big. The staff were really nice too. Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This place stunk so bad that we couldn't stay. Even the hallway leading to the room wreaked! The double queen room was dark and damp and smelled awful. We took the key back and said no thanks. The location was close to downtown but that's all I can say nice about it

• Stayed July 2013
Woodstock, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has favorable reviews and my husband and I were looking for a nice, reasonably priced place to stay in Durango for the night of July 10th. I called ahead at about 5pm and asked if there was availability. The woman who answered said "no". I asked, being as pleasant as I know how, if she could recommend a comparable place, and she answered, "Well, I don't know has availability, but I hear the Doubletree is nice." !!! Well, obviously, if we could afford the Doubletree, I wouldn't have been calling this place to begin with! As if this smartassiness wasn't enough, after arriving in Durango and checking in to another place, we went downtown to explore. We spotted the Durango Lodge, which had a clearly displayed "vacancy" sign lit up! What's going in here, Durango Lodge? I know resort town people get jaded dealing with us pesky, aggravating tourists, but it is, after all, we who provide you with your means of income, right? You could at least try to pleasant and helpful, not to mention truthful!

• Stayed July 2013
North Berwick, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is walking distance to just about everything Durango has to offer. Nice clean room with plenty of room. Front desk was very polite. The donuts were a nice treat for breakfast. You get what you pay for at the Durango Lodge

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Denton, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Durango is a great place to visit but it is not an inexpensive place. I was a little apprehensive about this motel when I booked the rooms. I was concerned about the condition and cleanliness, because the price of the room was $80 to $150 cheaper than most of the other motels and I did not want to spend $200 plus each night for a room. When we checked in and got to our room I was very pleased. Yes this is an older motel but it is very clean and the location is GREAT..The motel is 1/2 block from the Train station, 1 block from downtown and within walking distance of a dozen or more restaurants (T's Smokehouse & Grill, Francisco's both have great food). Lady at the desk was very nice, outdoor pool, some what limited parking, office and breakfast area is small but overall the motel is a great value. If you are in Durango to spend a lot of time in the motel and you have extra money to give away then don't stay here but if want a clean room and great location and want extra money to spend on other things then this is the motel for you. I was very pleased and I am not an easy person to please.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Arvada, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Everything clean and spotless. Nice and quite. Only a couple of block from the train station. Lots of restaurants and shops nearby. The only draw back is no elevator. We were given a room on the second floor and it was hard to carry up the heavy bags.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Durango Lodge? Share your experiences!