“Great Location and Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Durango Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 E 5th, Durango, CO   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Location and Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I stayed here on a roadtrip to Flagstaff. It was centrally located and walking distance to a variety of places including move theater, shopping, etc. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and the price was right. Would definitely stay here again when in Durango. My only complaint was parking was a bit limited.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cortez, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We booked a single night here as we wanted to be close to all the "action" in downtown without paying $100+ per night. The Lodge is located 1/2 block from the Silverton & Durango train station and is easy walking distance to movie theaters, shopping and a myriad of restaurants. The room was comfortable and recently remodeled, and parking on-site was plentiful. They have a pool and hot tub, which we didn't use, as it was winter. They also offer a continental breakfast (again, we weren't able to partake), and the staff was helpful and friendly. We were offered a "locals' discount" as we live about 60 miles away. I would recommend this place and definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room with access from either the parking lot or the interior hallway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

It's located right near the train station in Durango and walking distance from everything else in town. We felt the staff were nice. The hallways could use a little more light, but the rooms were nice and clean. Nothing fancy, but pretty good for the price and location. I would stay here again if I'm in Durango again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is centrally located, just a minutes walk from the Durango railway station. There is free parking for residents and the rooms are very clean. It has free high speed wi-fi and an inclusive continental breakfast which is a standard breakfast for this type of place. There is also a hot tub which we didn't use. For value for money this place can't be beaten and will be my choice if I ever return to Durango. Also, on arriving, we had an issues which we needed to sort out. This was in no way connected to this hotel yet the receptionist Andrea did everything she could for us and more. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: There are also rooms with balconies if you want one ask as not all rooms have them. Then again you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here one night. It's a plain, no frills kind of place, but very reasonably priced and is located right downtown. It's right near the train station. The room was very clean, and the person at the front desk was friendly and accommodating. There was a continental breakfast, nothing great (some bagels and cold cereal), but again I wasn't expecting a lot for the price. There's also a jaccuzzi, but I didn't check it out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights based on TripAdvisor reviews. The rooms are good, comfortable bed and the location is great if you don't want to drive to go out for dinner, etc. The stay was ruined for me by the young man at the front desk. He was not friendly in the slightest and I got the distinct impression he was put out by our arrival. I am an asthmatic and had forgotten to take my puffer that morning, and began coughing while checking in. Although I moved away from the desk and covered my mouth, I received a very curt 'excuse you' from the desk clerk. I was going to explain to him I wasn't contagious, etc, but couldn't be bothered when I saw him glaring at me. He didn't telll us that our rooom had an internal door and we spent ages walking around the outside of the hotel looking for our room. He didn't offer any information about the hotel at all, or parking,etc We ended up parking in an area that stated clearly that if our parking voucher from the hotel was not displayed on the dash cars would be towed away. When I went back inside to ask for one I was told I didn't need one. When I pointed out the signage he told me to just stick one of their business cards on the dash. It was only a number of small incidents, but it was our first contact with staff at the hotel and it coloured the whole stay there. There are numerous places to stay in Durango and I myself will be trying them out when I next visit, rather than returning to this hotel. I do have to mention that other staff we encountered during the stay were friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Small motel within walking distance of downtown Durango. Very clean, updated decor, and great wi-fi. The owners have gone to great lengths to make your stay enjoyable. There are extra plug ins everywhere! In addition, there was a power strip by the bed. How many times have you wished for a tray to bring breakfast back to the room? This place has a stack of trays for your convenience in the breakfast area. Check out is noon! Breakfast until ten. Very efficient staff. Will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: We stayed during off season. No problem with room close to the front. Possibly during busier times...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Durango Lodge? Share your experiences!