“A great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Durango Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 E 5th, Durango, CO   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is centrally located, just a minutes walk from the Durango railway station. There is free parking for residents and the rooms are very clean. It has free high speed wi-fi and an inclusive continental breakfast which is a standard breakfast for this type of place. There is also a hot tub which we didn't use. For value for money this place can't be beaten and will be my choice if I ever return to Durango. Also, on arriving, we had an issues which we needed to sort out. This was in no way connected to this hotel yet the receptionist Andrea did everything she could for us and more. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: There are also rooms with balconies if you want one ask as not all rooms have them. Then again you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here one night. It's a plain, no frills kind of place, but very reasonably priced and is located right downtown. It's right near the train station. The room was very clean, and the person at the front desk was friendly and accommodating. There was a continental breakfast, nothing great (some bagels and cold cereal), but again I wasn't expecting a lot for the price. There's also a jaccuzzi, but I didn't check it out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights based on TripAdvisor reviews. The rooms are good, comfortable bed and the location is great if you don't want to drive to go out for dinner, etc. The stay was ruined for me by the young man at the front desk. He was not friendly in the slightest and I got the distinct impression he was put out by our arrival. I am an asthmatic and had forgotten to take my puffer that morning, and began coughing while checking in. Although I moved away from the desk and covered my mouth, I received a very curt 'excuse you' from the desk clerk. I was going to explain to him I wasn't contagious, etc, but couldn't be bothered when I saw him glaring at me. He didn't telll us that our rooom had an internal door and we spent ages walking around the outside of the hotel looking for our room. He didn't offer any information about the hotel at all, or parking,etc We ended up parking in an area that stated clearly that if our parking voucher from the hotel was not displayed on the dash cars would be towed away. When I went back inside to ask for one I was told I didn't need one. When I pointed out the signage he told me to just stick one of their business cards on the dash. It was only a number of small incidents, but it was our first contact with staff at the hotel and it coloured the whole stay there. There are numerous places to stay in Durango and I myself will be trying them out when I next visit, rather than returning to this hotel. I do have to mention that other staff we encountered during the stay were friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Small motel within walking distance of downtown Durango. Very clean, updated decor, and great wi-fi. The owners have gone to great lengths to make your stay enjoyable. There are extra plug ins everywhere! In addition, there was a power strip by the bed. How many times have you wished for a tray to bring breakfast back to the room? This place has a stack of trays for your convenience in the breakfast area. Check out is noon! Breakfast until ten. Very efficient staff. Will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: We stayed during off season. No problem with room close to the front. Possibly during busier times...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We came through Durango returning from the Grand Canyon. The room was very clean. The staff was polite. On the backside of the hotel is a beautiful stream with a nice walking path. Close to downtown shops. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a hard day out on the trail my friend and I were looking for a clean and quiet place to stay. Tripadvisor ranked the Durango Lodge high up on the list so we gave it a shot. The place was well located in town allowing you to walk to any restaurants or pub with in a few minutes. If your in Durango to enjoy the train it is also very close to the hotel. Staff was friendly, room was clean and most of all quiet. I would recommend this Hotel for if your on a trip with friends or even with family. Next season when we have a family trip the Lodge will be on my short list.

Room Tip: Can park the car and walk where ever you need to in downtown area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nothing fancy, but spotlessly clean and comfortable, a great value. Not a Hotel I would have found on my own. I took the advice of Trip Advisor travelers, and once again was not disappointed. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The Hotel has been remodeled with TLC, the owners have gone out of their way to make the rooms feel like home. Every nook and cranny was spotless. The bed was cozy as well. The in-room coffee was even yummy, and we had the convenience of a refrigerator. A Waterpik shower head was a pleasant surprise, no bathtub though. We stayed on a Thursday night, it was nice and quiet, although, I wonder if the weekend would be the same. Very close to downtown restaurants and shops, a must if you stay in Durango, it's a quaint spot to be. We walked to dinner at the Carver Brewing Company where the food was great and the beer extraordinarily delicious. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast, we chose to eat out. I plan on staying at the Durango Lodge again, maybe have a steak at the Orr House across the street, (we hear it's fabulous) and take the train to the mountains at the Silverton Narrow Guage Railroad. (also a few steps away). September and October are great months to visit Durango, the Aspens are magical.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a balcony facing downtown. Although, this might not be the best choice on t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Durango Lodge? Share your experiences!