“Gives every other Budget Inn a bad name.” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Inn
3077 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301   |
Ranked #30 of 30 hotels in Durango
Redruth, United Kingdom
“Gives every other Budget Inn a bad name.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Checked in, but was unable to log on to the free wifi, so went back to reception and got that sorted and connected but lost connection in our first room. So went back to reception and was offered a room closer to enable us to connect to wifi. 2nd room stank or either smoke or damp or a mixture of both. Checked out 15 mins after checking in. Would highly recommend avoiding this place. We ended up in the Travellodge accross the street. Our experience with this Budget Inn nearly prevented us from trying a couple of others on our road trip which i have to say were superb. Its a shame an establishment like this is allow to tarnish the reputation of others.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife me and our child stay in this motel as a emergency. The first room that was given to us had no heat with a outside temp of -1°. They moved us to another room that had heat. Come morning the room temp was only 65° we couldn't even walk on the floor without our shoes extremely cold. Not only are the rooms very cold and dirty they have a major black mold issue. The few day we were their my child and I were sick with headaches and a bad cough. I found the mold when I was trying to retrieve a toy my child dropped behind the bed the mold was only 6" away from our heads along the wall. I went to the office and asked about the mold they said they had no idea about it. I asked the manager if he inspect the rooms after housekeeping he said yes. I then told him I could no longer stay here that is was toxic mold and extremely unsafe for my child and pregnant wife. I asked for a refund of my remaining time left since I paid a week in advance. They responded with a no that it was none refundable. So now we are out $200. When I showed them the photos I have of the room and mold they said it wasn't there room. I would never recommend this as a place to stay while your in Durango.

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Don't stay here. Worst accom so far. $75 for crummy old room ... Hard towels, mould on bathroom ceiling, noise from shower next door like jet aircraft taking off, no tissues, no shampoos etc, no coffee maker, no hair dryer Did have bright bathroom lights, good water pressure. Frig and microwave

Travelled as a (mature age Australian) couple for all of August 2012 throughout California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and into Colorado by car. Generally did not book ahead, prefer to have freedom to linger as we please, and to actually see the room before we commit. Have travelled this way many times before in USA and Europe. Stayed at a variety of hotels and B+Bs from 1 to 4 star. In busy areas (San Francisco) we booked in advance from Tripadviser reviews.

Room Tip: avoid all of them
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peyton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel should be condemned. The room smelled, there were stains on the mattresses, the pillows were only 2 inches thick, there was mold in the shower on the tile grout, the towels were the size of small hair towels, which you couldn't even wrap around your body, and there was "NO PHONE" in the room. The carpet was dirty and the room overall was dingy. The so called swimming pool was the size of two queen beds and the hot tub hours were only from 4pm to 930 pm. Who does that??? Regardless, when I called the man at the desk said they were privately and locally owned. He did not seem to care about my complaints and said "I will note your concerns and I guess we won't be seeing you again". PLEASE consider staying somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

aside from the bed bug bites im still itching, the rank smell of a "non-smoking" room still on my personal items, and almost being arrested for asking for heat in my, 49$+ not the 44$ as advertised, room( a fact not mentioned at check-in or on the billboard), this place was awesome! JK!! this place was a dump and your or my 54 dollars would be better spent tossed out the window. by far the nastiest, shadiest, and worst hotel in durango! keep going down the road two blocks and find a beautiful oasis for a similar cost. then you will not need to deal with karlin mayberry a racist and not all that smart on site manager, who, after i requested heat called me a redneck and made fun of how i dressed(work pants and a white tee shirt), while his tie ended six inches above his belt buckle. the bbb is next on my informed list.

"budget inn durango where the price is so cheep there is no heat! - but there are bed bugs to keep you warm :)!"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dolores, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'm known for finding the best value for the money but this motel isn't it. There's inexpensive and then there's CHEAP. I kept describing this to others as "Fleabag". I worried about bedbugs...the carpet made you want to leave you shoes on...broken window in the bathroom wouldn't close...cigarette burns in the furniture. Need I say more? I must repeat what another reviewer said: "I wouldn't stay here again if it was free".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Robbinsville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was the worst place we stayed on a 14 day vacation out west. It was dirty, moldy, and gross. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. I wouldn't stay there again if it was free. Disgusting. It is outdated and there were missing locks on the door. There also appeared to be people living there.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!