“Great pizza and beer!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 151 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Pizza, Delicatessen, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Steamworks Brewing Co. Opened its doors in Durango in September 1996. A favorite watering hole for locals and visitors alike, the brewpub has much more to offer than award-winning craft beer. Known as a town meeting place, Steamworks enjoys a bustling, fun environment. Steamworks' culinary program is unmatched in the region in both breadth and quality of offerings. The "gastropub" fare includes regionally-raised meats and sustainable seafood. Healthy salads, delicious pizzas, spicy Southwestern-style dishes, and vegetarian & gluten-free offerings provide something for everyone who's hungry. The Steam Engine Lager is "arguably the best American - Style Amber Lager in the world" as it has garnered four Gold Medals, a Silver and a Bronze Medal at the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) over the years and also has taken a Silver Medal at the World Beer Cup (WBC). Steamworks has won a total of twelve GABF medals, and two WBC medals. The brewpub maintains up to 18 styles of beer on tap.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great pizza and beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had a wonderful pizza with several types of cheese, and my husband and daughter both had burgers. My husband liked their IPA so much he bought some to take with us. The space is noisy and kind of crowded, but we would definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Durango, Colorado
“Chicken and Waffles Special was so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have lived in Durango for 10 years and go to Steamworks all the time, sometimes once a week. It is a super fun atmosphere and great great food. Last night, 6 friends and myself went to Steamworks to watch the Broncos season opener. Thursday night was the Chicken and Waffles special although I always get one of the yummy salads or main dinner items. I finally ventured to the Chicken and Waffles with the homemade Kolsch beer and it was soooooo good! Cooked perfectly and tasted just right with the Kolsch/Broncos game combo. Never a dull moment or meal at Steamworks so everyone should go!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good food and great beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Steamworks is always on our itinerary when we visit Durango. They serve good food, and have a fun and boisterus atmosphere and most important, very good beer. Be aware it is usually very busy, especially on weekend nights so be prepared to wait for a table. In addition to their beer they are famous for the :Cajun boil: which is served on butcher paper right in the middle of your table. It is only served "family style" and only after 4:30pm. They do have very good pizza and many other tasty menu items also.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My hubby and I met friends here for dinner and it was really REALLY good! I had what was similar to a Chicken Caesar Salad, but not. It was made with shredded Kale (which at the time I hadn't had), shredded brussel sprouts (which I have never tried this way), chicken, almonds, and Caesar style dressing and parmesan. WOW! FANTASTIC! LOVED IT! I never dreamed I'd like it, but I try and duplicate it at home now! ha My hubby had a really tasty burger and fries, and their home brew is really good too! You won't be disappointed in the atmosphere or the food! Give it a whirl! You won't be sorry!

• Visited May 2013
Connecticut, USA
“Excellent food, great beer in Durango!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife, two sons (19 and 22), and I were looking of r a good meal that wasn't very expensive. Steamworks had some good ratings so we decided to try it. It was a Saturday night, and pretty busy, so we had a bit of a wait. They gave us a buzzer, and we took a nice stroll around town.We ordered some fabulous beer while waiting at the bar. They also said our 19 year old could sit at the bar while we waited for our table, which was very considerate, and a rarity. My wife and I ordered seafood dishes, which were excellent! I was surprised at such good seafood in a remote location like Durango. The boys had steaks, that they both loved. Overall, we totally enjoyed the meals, the high quality craft beer, and the fun atmosphere. Great place for couples of all ages and families.

• Visited August 2013