“Great Gluten Free Experiance” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 157 restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Avenue
Transit: Trolley stop located right across the street.
Description: Established in 1972, the Ore House is one of Durango's oldest and finest restaurants. Featuring hand cut USDA certified Black Angus prime and choice steaks, steaks from ranches surrounding southwest Colorado, sustainable seafood, all natural poultry, seasonal local produce, and homemade desserts.
Hawley, TX
“Great Gluten Free Experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

A trip to Durango would not be complete for us without at least one visit to the Ore House for steaks and seafood that is served Gluten Free. We both ate a filet and the steaks were cooked to perfection. They serve there meals family style so each of us could order a side dish and share it with the other and their Mac and Cheese dish was the best I have ever eaten. The Mac and Cheese is not Gluten Free so my wife could not taste it but she ordered the Brussels Sprouts and believe me they were delicious.

Our server could not have been more attentive even though she was busy with other tables as well. This place recommends reservations and I we made ours for an early evening meal. When we left there were people trying to get in that were being told to come back later. This is not a spur of the moment drop in fast food place but a restaurant that you plan for your visit ahead of time. We had a very enjoyable dinning experience and could not have been better satisfied. We are here on vacation from Texas so we are well experienced with steak houses.

They also have Gluten Free deserts which is all but unheard of so my wife had a peach sorbet that was so good you could taste the fuzz from the peach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Durango, Colorado
“Melt in your mouth steak, keeping it simple!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We have watched ore has change over the years but the one thing that is consistent is the food. Great steaks and sea food. I really miss the milk and cookies and I hope to see their return in the future. Although the restaurant is on the smaller size they can accommodate our larger family every time. Bridgette is a hoot! Great personality and the lady knows how to give top notch service. After dinner we stayed for drink just because she was at the bar. Always a good laugh and a great way to end an evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santiago, Chile
“Great surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went there on a late Friday night. We didn't know what to expect, the restaurant we wanted to go to (and know) was closed and we didn't get a chance to check TA. It turned out to be a very good surprise.

We were seated right away. We liked the atmosphere of the place and the fact that they're proud to use local products. This is the first time we saw where the beef came from, for example (I forgot the name of the ranch). The waitress was knowledgeable and very nice.

I asked for the vegetarian wellington but unfortunately, since it was already late, I had to choose something else. Bummer but at least, I know it would have been fresh. So I went with sides such as grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and mashed potatoes. Everything arrived on one plate (allellujah ! they always come on 3 different plates in South America). Everything was very good and tasty. My husband had the beef, which was delicious, he said, and cooked to perfection.

We had a great time at Ore House and would go back in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avon, Ohio
“Melt in your mouth steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This restaurant was one of the closest to our hotel in Durango, so we just happened upon it. We weren't expecting the high prices - it's not a fancy place, quite rustic looking -- but our food was delicious. I ordered the small filet and my husband got the teriyaki flat iron steak. We also ordered a baked potato and a salad.The service was excellent. If you don't mind paying more for great food, Ore House is highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia,IL
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place has been working to please customers for a long time. If you want a fine steak you have come to the right place.

Visited September 2013