“Good brew, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good brew, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Good beer, with a good selection of their microbrews (7 or 8). Obvious why they have won awards. Food was "brewpub food" (burgers, sandwiches, etc) but a decent selection, including soup and salads. Lots of appetizers to accompany your beer if you don't want a meal. Food was good, home fries exceptional. Service was fast and friendly. It's a pretty casual place - not really a typical restaurant - more like a "hole-in-the-wall." They call it their "tap room." We ate here because we were staying at the hotel next door, otherwise we'd likely not have given it a chance. I'm glad we ate there.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nothing special about this place, honestly. My beer, which I've had before elsewhere and enjoyed well enough, tasted like the tap lines needed washed out. We didn't order food or look at a menu, but every meal we saw come out of the kitchen was fried something in a basket. We did, however, overhear an employee tell another customer that everything was hand made, like the guacamole he was eating. My boyfriend liked his beer OK and the bartender was very friendly and chatted with us a bit. As we were leaving, we noticed some old people setting up instruments...not sure what they play, but I certainly can't imagine I would enjoy listening to an old folks' jam session (I think we dodged a bullet there). Is it sad that the highlight of our time there was the 3-year old kid loudly begging his dad, "Daddy, I wanna go POOP!!" several times?

Visited March 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Local stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went here to do some tasting of beers. Looked like the locals came here to eat. The staff were friendly and the food looked good. Beer was definitely worth the stop.

Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Good Food and Brew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our Widows and Widoers group ran a trip to ride the Durango train. The hotel clerk had reccommended this place, So we went, Wound up eating here two nights and on both occasions the experience was wonderful. The only bad thing was that now that I'm 80 years old, I just don't eat as much as when I played center and linebacker back in the early 50's. Both nights the food was outstanding and the beer and ale were far above the "Lite Beer" water. Somebody here has their act together.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“Good food and brew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stopped by for dinner and a beer. The Derail Ale was excellent! Food was pretty good too (burgers). Can't wait to go back

Visited August 2013