“Overpriced!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 149 Restaurants in Durango
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
McKinney, Tx
“Overpriced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We visited this restaurant on Friday March 29th. I had slow cooked pork and my wife had chicken piccata. My pork was a poor cut of meat, at least 30% fat. The slaw was OK, but there was not much of it. The sweet potatoes, were greasy and difficult to eat. The chicken piccata was OK, but the rice was over cooked and gooey. For all this we paid $64.00 including a tip. No drinks, no salads, just the overpriced poorly cooked meals, and one ice tea. Feeling ripped off.

We ate a the Steamworks down the street today and had a MUCH better meal at half the price.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
alidance, Owner at Cyprus Cafe, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
I am so sorry to hear this. I just had the pork for dinner the other night and it was delicious! I hope your server was alerted to your disappointment. It is difficult to make things right, when we don't know there is a problem. Thank you for your feedback. It is one of the only ways that we can continue to improve!

Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“Great food-subpar service ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food was fresh and well-prepared. However, our service was pretty pitiful. Had to ask multiple times for glasses of water, yet she brought a tea refill before bringing the requested water. Many other great places in Durango with wonderful service, so this stop was somewhat disappointing.

alidance, Owner at Cyprus Cafe, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that your water glasses were overlooked! We do strive to give the very best service and to keep an eye on all those details. We obviously need to try harder! Thank you for your feedback. As I've replied before, feedback is one of the best tools for continued improvement. I hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Durango.
Carlsbad, California
“Cozy spot for lunch, plenty of delicious gluten-free options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stopped in Durango on a recent road trip and popped into Cyprus Cafe for lunch after walking around town. The restaurant is charming and cozy with a home-like feel, soft lighting, and a fire place. The service was very friendly and attentive and knowledgeable about gluten-free options and preparation. It was a very comfortable spot to have lunch and the food was outstanding. There are a lot of gluten-free options on the menu, which always makes me happy! I love it when we go to a restaurant and I'm not limited to two things.

My husband and I each started with the soup of the day: split pea and bacon. It was not the kind of split pea I was expecting (more brothy, less creamy), but it was delicious, with bits of crispy kale and amazing flavor. I had the seared scallop, spiced pear, and fennel salad; again the flavor combinations and textures were spot on, the scallops were done perfectly, the candied walnuts and honey spiced pears were delicious (my husband kept eating my walnuts), and it was just flat out wonderful.

The husband got the gyro pita. I don't think his was quite as tasty as mine but he was happy with it. He said the tsatziki was really good, with lots of cucumber like I like it (alas, I couldn't try it, though). The gyro meat was done well and the flavor profile was good. His dish also came with quinoa on the side and he said that was good as well.

I would definitely get the scallop salad again but I think hubby would try something else. Overall, the food was well prepared and delicious and the service was great. Would love to pop in here again on a future trip.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lewiston, Idaho
“Intimate Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Cyprus Cafe first off has a very intimate Cafe feeling. I had the Beef Tenderloin paired with a tasty tomato pureed sauce. Also, there was a aneheim pepper stuffed with cheese and horseradish mashed potatoes. The malbec kissed the meal perfectly. I did not enjoy the dessert as much, a sponge cake with moch and apricots (sub for strawberries). The waiter was excellent.

Visited January 2014
Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Great Vegetarian Options!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My guy and I decided we were in need of a nice evening out for date night and found Cyprus Cafe. We have recently turned vegetarian and were very happy with how many options we had at Cyprus. We looked at many other restaurants, but they all only had one or two dishes to choose from. The atmosphere was very nice and relaxed, our waitress was great and was there to answer any questions we had, and the bill was very reasonable. We will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2014