“Yummy fresh food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Fusion Asian Bistro w/ sushi & many different varieties of rice bowls and noodle bowls
Beaumont, Texas
“Yummy fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Pad Thai with shrimp was awesome! Fresh ingredients and wonderful flavors! Also had a spicy tuna sushi which was delicious! The only problem with this place is that it's too small! You have the best food, but you need a bigger place, more tables. People see how crowded it is and walk away....

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Great Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Loved this place! Nice small restaurant with great staff, amazing sushi, and awesome prices. We ended up ordering more than we could eat and had tons of left overs to bring home. I thought the bill was going to be much higher, but I was very surprised with how reasonable it was!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado
“Best Sushi Salmon in Durango!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Salmon Sushi Throwdown! We ordered Sushi To-Go from all three Sushi restaurants in Durango the same mid-week night. We choose to compare our favorite Salmon Rolls/Sashimi from each (listed below by price.)
* East by Southwest – Salmon & Lemon $16.00
* Sushitarian – Super Salmon Roll w/avocado $14.83
* Rice Monkeys - Tiraditos – Salmon Sashimi w/citrus & chili $14.00
* Rice Monkeys - Southwestern Roll w/Hamachi, Salmon & avocado $13.50

Specific comments are listed by restaurant under their own heading. So, you’ll need to check all three reviews to compare comments.

Order & Pick-up
• Rice Monkeys: prompt, well-experienced, knowledgeable, efficient & expecting our pickup
– 5 stars (WINNER)

Taste & Presentation
• Rice Monkeys: excellent fresh taste, perfect balance of creamy & citrus flavors. So good, we didn't even need soy or wasabi! We fought for the last bites. Beautifully presented (they even had more stylish plastic trays than the others) – 5 stars (WINNER)

Price/Value
• Rice Monkeys: Lots of tasty sushi for lowest price. Would definitely reorder these dishes
– 5 stars (WINNER)

We enjoyed the head-to-head comparisons of our Salmon Sushi Throwdown. We would encourage others to try their own Throwdowns.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“I always leave here feeling great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I can really tell the chefs and staff that work here love what they do and I really matter as a customer.
The sushi rolls are fresh and full of flavor. The crispy pork roll appetizers are so savory and satisfying.
I also really enjoy the hot sake and large beers they have available.
The beef pho was a little flat in flavor the day I tried it... but after half a dozen visits I am extremely happy with the quality, freshness, service, and value of Rice Monkeys.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Big City Vistors Craving Pho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

My kids were craving pho after a day visit to Mesa Verde and before our train ride on the Polar Express. We stayed in Pagosa Springs for Thanksgiving week and there isn't a Vietnamese restaurant in the quaint town. Rice Monkeys came up in our Google search and we were pleasantly surprised. The kids ordered the Beef pho which they gave 4 stars. My husband and I went the sushi route and ordered the Volcano, Lime Twist and Funky Monkey rolls along with the salmon and yellowtail nigiri sushi. The Volcano was my husband's fav and I liked the Lime Twist. Moe was our very pleasant server and the the restaurant is small but cozy. There were many locals that were having dinner and that's always a good sign.

• Visited November 2013