“Highly Recommended By A Local” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Fusion Asian Bistro w/ sushi & many different varieties of rice bowls and noodle bowls
tucson, az
“Highly Recommended By A Local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

On the recommendation of a chef friend who lives in town, we had lunch at Rice Monkeys, uber cute SMALL place. Now the only reason that she suggested this place for us at all is that we’re from Hawaii and this is the stuff we like to eat.
We started with the regular (not the spicy) Edamame to snack on while we awaited the main attraction.
Sautéed Sesame Beef and Chicken Teriyaki rice bowls, very ONO (that’s delicious in Hawaiian).
I couldn’t get a snapshot of the chicken bowl because by the time I got my camera out, DH had eaten it ALL!! And THEN started on my Beef too! (check out their menu online, they offer noodle bowls and sushi too)
We were in town to visit with my chef friend and we do so every so often; I promise you we’ll eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Durango, Colorado
“Skip the old-line joints. Rice Monkeys' FTW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very small sushi/fusion joint with cramped seating and a noisy, tokyo-like ambiance.

The fried egg rolls with sweet chili sauce were excellent, as was the beef pho, and dragon roll on my last outing. Every meal I've had there has been fantastic, and the waitstaff are very friendly and accommodating.

Just show up a couple minutes before they open, this place fills to the brim in about 5 minutes.

• Visited September 2013
FL
“Score of a find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Sushi and Pho~such a great combo. All the food was fresh, service was friendly and prompt. A welcome end to a long day of adventure :-)

Visited September 2013
Durango
“Excellent food, great services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have had nothing but great food at Rice Monkeys. One of my best meals was ordering a seaweed salad, the sweet potato shrimp crunch(a MUST have) and a salmon roll. Their soups are truly amazing! I've had a few of their sushi rolls and all have been really good. The only drawback is the small size, but I've always had fast and friendly service. Delicious! Don't miss out! If you like good, traditional sushi and some interesting dishes with some kick, check them out!

• Visited August 2013
Durango, CO
“Great Food Every Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Rice Monkeys provides excellent, consistent high quality food, with creative specials that are a new delight each week. Unlike other reviewers from out of town who seek quantity, we relish and appreciate the emphasis on quality ingredients Rice Monkeys provides. If you want fresh, inventive, appetizing food prepared with care, this is the place. Some of our favorites include the Hamachi Love roll, Ceviche, Saigon Bowl, Spring Rolls, Lemongrass Beef and Chirashi. It's all good and we love it.

• Visited August 2013