“What an awseome place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sow's Ear Dinner & Libations is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 161 Restaurants in Durango
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Located inside the Silver Pick Lodge
Florida
“What an awseome place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2007

I had dinner at the Sow's Ear a couple nights ago, and it was outstanding! They far exceeded my expectations. I arrived without a reservation, while they were quite busy. So I decided to wait in the bar area and have some appetizers until I could get a table. Randomly, a gentleman approached my table and offered to buy me and my boyfriend a bottle of wine while we waited! Turns out, he is friends with the owner of the establishment! One bottle turned into two bottles, and we ended up just eating in the bar area & talking with this gentleman! It was so much fun! We had the calamari appetizer, which was cooked perfectly, a bowl of mushroom soup, (my favorite!!), & the sirloin with the white truffle cream sauce. The steak was prepared to absolute perfection!! It was the best meal of my vacation! My boyfriend was equally pleased with his entree choice of ribs!! Overall, the atmosphere, food, & wine were out of this world! Not to mention the breathtaking views of the Needles Range were enough to make me pack up everything I own & move to Purgatory, Colorado. I highly recommend this establishment to anyone who passes thru the area. You will not be disappointed!

Houston Area
“Best food on the mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2007

The Sow's Ear has the best steak I've ever eaten!