“This is the new IHG hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 30 hotels in Durango
Ft. Worth, Texas
“This is the new IHG hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is not your grandfathers Holiday Inn. This is part of the new and improved IHG hotel group. The rooms are spacious and impeccably clean. The lobby is open and bright. Parking has good lighting. The staff was courteous, helpful, and well informed. The rooms are almost sound proof to give you a good night of uninterrupted sleep. The Sporting News Grill is attached to the Hotel. This is more of a Bar than a restaurant. We dined there twice but were not impressed. I will review the restaurant later.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AGM_Holiday_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We are glad to hear that your stay with was up to your standars. We take pride in our hotel and strive to be the best we can possibly be. I will pass on the message to all departments of our hotel about your kind words. we hope to see you in the near future when you are back in the Durango area.

- Guest Services Manager

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Clarkdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The king bed room I stayed in was among the largest non-resort rooms I've experienced. The bed was comfortable, and I appreciated the mini-fridge and micro. The hotel's location makes for a short walk to downtown Durango and even a sorter walk to the Animas River.

There is no complimentary breakfast and I found the restaurant to be slow and mediocre in the morning (although the server was a sweetheart).

This Holiday Inn is a good choice for a Durango stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AGM_Holiday_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and we are glad that our rooms were spacious and acoomadating. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My stay at this hotel was all too good to be true. I enjoyed my stay, It was very nice hotel and my children enjoyed the free dinner with the kids eat free service they have. My room had a pull out sofa bed and 2 tvs and was very heavenly. My only concern would be the lady in the loby. She was quiet rude and would not give me the time of day to talk about my nosiy neighbors. Her name was Elendra sp? I would advise her to not work with people. She caughed up an attitude and ignored my request for help. When It came to charging for my stay she inssited on charging my card when I really wanted to pay cash. My card was charged against my wishes. Again I would advise her to not work with people. I will come back to this hotel, only if they get some new lobby clerks to make up for how wonderful the hotel itself if.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Jamie M,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a detailed review about your experience. We’re glad to know we were able to provide a comfortable environment and that you enjoyed our Kids Eat Free program.

We regret that your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be reviewed. For further assistance, I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your experience.

As our valued guest, we thank you for your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit to Durango.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

New hotel but with an unfortunate haughty culture of superiority. Likely stems from the top down. Upon checking in we requested a balcony room
Only to learn no reservation changes were possible for any reason. Upon asking to visit with the manager to hopefully quickly resolve the minutiae situation we were advised that all managers were at an off site managers meeting leaving Brandi at the wheel of a new several million dollar property. Brandi indicated she would follow up. Never happened. Not one welcome to the Holiday Inn. Thanks for staying with us. Won't be back we wanted to give it a try as we are in Durango several times a month for business purposes.

There are to many other new hotels in Durango at a similar price point. Looking for a hotel in Durango ? Give the Doubletree a shot. They will welcome you with open arms every time. Warm cookies to boot , nice restaraunt . Everything you come to expect as a frequent traveler. Regretably they were booked the nights we needed. Not hard to see why.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Stan M,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Durango.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Yoakum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Had chance to stay a night in Durango, on points. Received room upgrade and breakfast without asking. Thank you Paige for treating me as a welcome guest of the IHG program.

Property is a year old so little things will start to crop up, still a very nice property with sports bar attached.

Breakfast served to order and properly cooked. Good job!

Bathroom well equipped with towels. Plenty of water to wash the day off and feel it.

Ac / heat system worked great and they are using the EU method in conservation, key card into slot to activate electrical use. Nice!

Very nice lobby as well. Highly recommend.

Room 313

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I am glad to hear paige was so accomadating to your needs. I will pass the message along on how much you appreciated her hospitality. We look forward to seeing you in the future and we aprreciate all the positive feedback you have left.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I am handicapped. The hotel was very handicapped accessible. The staff was very friendly and helpful!!! The restaurant was very clean and the food was awesome!!!! The view was beautiful and it's close to the shopping district. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family!!! I plan on staying there again next summer when I visit Durango!!! Thanks for such great service!!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
AGM_Holiday_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Stacy R

Reading your review makes me feel happy. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you. We strive for excellence and to hear we are "the best of the best" brings me great pleasure. I will show my staff this so they know their hard work is truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Parker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stopped here after our drive from Denver and on our way to Mesa Verde. Is only a year old so is the newer updated version of Holiday Inn. Front staff was very nice and helped guide us to some great restaurants downtown. The Sporting News restaurant attached had a wonderful breakfast selection as well. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014
PeteandRed

I am glad to hear that we were able to help you find some lovely places to eat as well as I am glad that you had a wonderful breakfast in our restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central? Share your experiences!