“Nice addition to Durango” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 30 hotels in Durango
Parker, Colorado
“Nice addition to Durango”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Really enjoyed our recent stay in Durango. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Very quick check-in. The hotel shuttle service to and from the airport was very convenient. The hotel shuttle service also took us downtown to explore the city. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AGM_Holiday_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Josh J

I am glad to hear that you see us a great addition. It makes us all at the Holiday Inn so very happy to know that we are doing jobs 100%. We look forward to seeing you soon.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Front desk staff made us feel very welcomed. Excellent rooms and facilities. Ate both breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Restaurant staff was super friendly. Will definitely stay on our next trip to Durango.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley J

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed two nights before heading home. Unfortunately 5 min before we got to the hotel I realized I had left my snowboard behind in Telluride. We were debating if I should drive back and get it as we had one day left. The girl at the front desk overheard the conversation and took action for me. She called the store that was holding it for me, I called immediately. She then tried calling several people to check if anyone was driving back and could possibly bring it. After a few attempts I just decided to ship it home. She called and set everything up for me.
Big thanks to Paige for jumping in and helping!

The rest of the hotel is great. Very new. Indoor hotub and pool. Restaurant attached.
We enjoyed our stay and Paige started it off great with her customer service!

• Stayed February 2014
snwbrdr73

Oh no!! Sorry to hear you forgot your board in Telluride. I am glad that Paige was able to help you get things all set up so you could have your board delivered to you. I appreciate the review and cant wait for your return visit to Durango.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 13 days while doing business in Durango, Colorado. The front desk staff was welcoming upon my arrival and their friendliness and hospitality never ceased throughout my entire stay. I believe the hotel is less than a year old so the facility itself is very clean and well kept. The rooms were spacious and featured a new vizio flat screen equipped with directTV. It was very easy to unwind in the room after a long day of work.

Other positives: clean workout facility, nice pool and hot tub, shuttle that is available on demand, on site restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014
bbrones

We are just over a year old and I am so pleased to hear that we are doing so well. We can not wait for your return stay to Durango. Until than take care.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is very friendly and really provides good customer service. There is plenty of parking in front of the hotel. The rooms are basic but no different than most modern business style hotels. The beds and pillows are comfortable and there is plenty of work space and receptacles to work comfortably. The room has a refrigerator and plenty of closet space with hangers. The bathroom has nice fixtures and good water pressure. The restaurant is a sports bar and grill. The food is basic American, but the NY Strip Steak was as good as an upscale steak house. The mashed potatoes were lumpy and inedible. Also, the pool is indoor and heated and with a nice jacuzzi for relaxing. But most of all, I would like to compliment Kayla at the Front Desk who went above and beyond to deliver us to the Durango Mountain Ski Resort at no extra charge. She also met us at the end of the day. Considering the distance, this extra customer service will not be forgotten, and we would return to this hotel in the future. Great for business and tourists!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
pensando43

Durango Mountain Resort brings many people to the area for skiing and snowboarding. We are privileged that you have chosen our hotel for your lodging needs while here in Durango. I will definitely be passing the message along to my front desk team that you truly enjoyed their hospitality. We look forward to your next trip through Durango.
Round rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have stayed here numerous times and will be there again next month for a week. The front desk staff is extremely nice and friendly. We had one issue with the timer in the bathroom used for heat but all we had to do was let housekeeping know and when we came back to our suite several hours later all was fixed. The cont. breakfast is very good and the attendant there very friendly. We have used the laundry and had no problems. We like the suites because our little furry friend travels with us and we can walk her out the back door. All in all I have no complaints about this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Carolyn S

I am so glad to hear that your stay with us was wonderful. I am sorry to hear you encountered a small issue and am glad that we were able to accommodate you quickly and efficiently. We look forward to your next visit.
Moab, UTah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed at this place for Snowdown. The hotel is very nice, but the room was quite dirty. We took our things inside and put them on the bed and then went out. We got back at midnight and found that there was hair in the sink, dirt and grime around the toilet, crumbs on the floor and hair in our bed. With it being midnight, we figured that it would be futile to go down and complain (especially since Snowdown had the building filled to capacity). Oh, when I say crumbs on the floor...I mean crumbs, pieces of wadded up paper, rocks, and a dead fly. I would have left a complaint as we left, but there were no forms and the front desk worker said that we could do it online.

I enjoyed the front desk staff. They were nice and informative.

With that being said, the place was beautiful and really new. I hated the Sporting News Grill though, and will be writing a review about it. Avoid that bar as much as possible, unless you like being considered an inconvenience to the waitress and bartender.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, they are all brand new.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AGM_Holiday_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear guest, we apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your room. We hold ourselves to a very high regard when it comes to cleanliness of not just our rooms but for our common areas as well. We never want our guest to feel as if they are not in their homes when it come to comfort we want our rooms to be you home away from home. We wish you would have given us the opportunity to fix the issue while you were here with us. We can assure you that this is not a reoccurring problem with our past, current and future guest. We will discuss this issue with our staff to ensure that none o our current or future guest befall the same experience that you have. We whole heartedly apologize again and during your next trip to Durango your trip with us will have all of the accommodations that you expect.

In terms of your experience in our restaurant we again pride ourselves on customer service for not just our hotel guest but also our restaurant guest. We will speak to the staff and address your concerns and issues. As it is never acceptable for our guest to feel unappreciated during their patronage at our facility.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central? Share your experiences!