“Simple, affordable, no-hassle place to stay in Durango” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Albuquerque, NM
“Simple, affordable, no-hassle place to stay in Durango”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here two nights on either end of a day of skiing at Durango Mountain Resort. It is not really walking distance to any of the downtown Durango attractions, but we were visiting in the winter anyways so that was OK. The staff was nice, the hotel appears new and modern, and the pool and hot tub were great. Rooms were large, clean, and simple. $94 per night AAA rate. We would certainly go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AGM_Holiday_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We here at the Holiday Inn & Suites of Durango are pleased to know that you were as pleased with your stay as we are with having had the pleasure to accommodate you. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with all of or guest. We're sorry that you did not find our location to be adequate in proximity to historical downtown Durango. During your next visit please feel free to inquire about our complimentary shuttle service. Its a quick and easy way to get you to all of the downtown attractions that our guest love. We thank you again for your feedback and your patronage and look forward to being your future hotel family when you travel to the Durango area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grand Junction Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a very new property. So it has all the pluses of a new hotel but also some of the drawbacks. The most important being no free breakfast. The restaurant in the hotel is of the sports bar variety. I ate dinner and breakfast there and found the breakfast was better than the dinner. At dinner I ordered the grilled salmon. Now if you only grill the salmon on one side which side do you serve face up? Wrong!! they served the un-grilled side face up, or how about grilling the fish on both sides?? I also ordered a side of grilled asparagus. I got five stalks of asparagus for five bucks, three of which where edible. Aside from the nit picky stuff at dinner the Denver omelet I had for breakfast was great! The staff at the hotel was terrific and the room was clean and had all the upscale stuff: fridge, microwave, coffee maker fake fireplace . When I'm in Durango again I'll stay here

Room Tip: Get one facing the back of the property they are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
We thank you for your feedback as we take the approach that feedback is a gift. We apologize that our hotel does not offer the complimentarty breakfast feature unlike our IHG sister properties. During your next reservation process in preparation to stay with us please do inquire about our rate that includes breakfast. This would include breakfast for two our previous guest that have taken advantage of this option love it. We ae pleased that as a guest you felt we lived up to the very high standards of customer service that we set forth for ourselves.
We apologize that we fell short of your dinner expectations. We take great pride in making the stay of all of our guest as complete in every aspect of satisfaction as possible. I will share your comments with our food and beverage director and staff members who will be sure to make improvments in all areas of your concern. Again we thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you during your next stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites of Durango.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

While I read some negative reviews about this Holiday Inn, I booked this hotel based on the fact that a recent review said it had that "new hotel smell". Good, affordable, comfortable stay in Durango. 2 min drive from Main Street. Room was huge with a sink area, microwave, desk and faux fireplace. Room was immaculate and true to previous reviews, the hotel did smell new.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn & Suites of Durango. We are pleased that you found the comfort in our guest rooms and with the amenities that we offer in all of our guest rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes great pleasure in making sure that all of our guest are able to feel at home upon entrering their rooms. I will be sure to share your comments with them as well. We thank you for taking the time out to share your thouhgts with us and we thank you for your patronage.
golden, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I read the other reviews and was slightly concerned about my stay, but everything was largely excellent. The property is still very new, so everything is clean and in great condition.

You have to love the fridge & microwave in the room! Coffee maker came with two pkgs (ea. Decaf & Reg). The HD flat screen TV actually came with HD TV service. There was a full channel listing of 2 1/2 pages of channels.The room was decorated with local art and the halls had an absolutely wild carpet design. Only a couple of small note on the room: there was only one phone (does anybody actually use those anymore, except to call the front desk) and the towel rack was not over the toilet, but in the shower. The phone book in the room was from May of 2012. Internet access was great. Desk had no drawers or stationary, the Hotel and Durango area specifications were in an unmarked 3-ring binder. All the hotels do seem to have the tiny pillows on the beds, but I got 5 (for my King).

The staff was super friendly. I had shipped a couple of pkgs to myself and there they were waiting for me at the the front desk when I checked in. The entrance to the hotel parking lot off the Hiway was not well marked, but you have no problem seeing the hotel.
I did not eat in the restaurant.
I did go to the pool/spa. Clean, kept up nicely, with some cool, blue lights in the pool and Hot Tub.
I'll be back next spring

Room Tip: I try to avoid being on the "Highway side" of all hotels, but this Hiway doesn't seem...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The Holiday Inn & Suites of Durango would like to thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you found delight in the numerous amenities that we have to offer for all of our guest. From the decor of the hotel and spa area to our spacious rooms. We are happy that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as we take great pride in delivering world class customer service to all of our guest. Again we thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay and look forward to making your next visit with us as memorable as your last.
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this very comfortable Holiday Inn in October. Rooms were nice, restaurant was very good and affordable! Very close to downtown and the train station. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2013
The Holiday Inn & Suites of Durango would like to thank you for taking the time to lend your comments to us in regards to your recent stay. I will be sure to share with our staff members your sentiments in on both the restaurant and the hotel. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guest have a delightful experience with us such as the one that you enjoyed. The Holiday Inn & Suites of Durango and its staff look forward accommodating you during your next stay to the Durango.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was really impressed with the staff. Especially the front desk and restaurant staff. Bartenders were out of this world. Their keepers. Beautiful rooms. Clean and lots of space. The suites are very nice. The sports bar is a nice place to close out the evening. And the meals aren't bad either.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AGM_Holiday_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

We here at the Holiday Inn & Suites thank you for your recent comments on your stay with us. We take great pride in our guest service and our guest satisfaction. I will be sure to share your thoughts and sentiments with our staff members and management team. We are always enthused when we receive confirmation from our guest that we are doing a good job and living up to our expectations in all facets of our hotel. Again, we thank you for your comments and your patronage and look forward to being your hotel of choice during your next visit to the Durango area.
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We usually stay at a high-end Hotel in Durango. We were attracted to this great-looking property and went in and asked to see a room. the young ladies at the front desk were very cheerful and helpful. One of them went with me to show me the room. The rooms were very large, well decorated with local photos on the wall. A faux fireplace sold my wife and we decided to stay there. Everything in the room was wonderful, and deserves a "five star" rating.
When checking in, we were asked if we wanted the breakfast option. For $10 you get a $20 breakfast voucher. We took that option. Our friends, who live in Durango, told us that we had made a mistake. They had eaten dinner there and did not like it, and the reputation around town is that they have bad food.
I have worked in the hospitality industry, and did not believe that such a fine hotel could have such terrible food. we went to breakfast with an open mind. We were the only ones in the restaurant. That should have been a red flag right there. It is not an actual "restaurant". the Hotel hosts a sports bar, which also serves as the restaurant. Not a great atmosphere for a Monday morning breakfast.
I ordered the steak and eggs with potatos.. The steak came out tasteless and watery. I think that they took a frozen steak and threw it into boiling water to defrost it. The eggs were not prepared the way that I had requested. The potatos were out of a frozen bag, had not been seasoned with anything, and had obviously been cooked earlier and sat around to get cold and hard. My wife ordered an omlette. that had ham. The diced ham was taken out of the refrigerator and thrown onto the omlette. It was not warmed up! She quit after just a few bites. The buttermilk pancakes were better than everything else, but had a strange flavor and texture. The server was nice, but unskilled. When we left, not one plate had been removed from the table despite telling her that we were done. She dropped off the check for me to sign without a pen. I looked around, and there was nobody around to ask for a pen, so I had to go to the hotel desk for a pen. as we were going back to our room, the front desk person asked "How was breakfast?" to which my wife responded "Yuck". She nodded, as if she had heard this before.
STAY at the Holiday Inn, the rooms are fantastic. Go to Dennys for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear John B,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It's great to hear that you were satisfied with our room accommodations. We always want our guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. It is very regrettable to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the service and quality of food served in our restaurant. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and we are confident the hotel management will take necessary steps to improve our guest experience.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central? Share your experiences!