“Best Sandwich In Town !” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Sandwiches
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Sandwich In Town !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Unique sandwiches on fresh bread baked in house each day. Try the asiago black pepper. So good we had lunch two days in a row. Great food- Great Value

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Durango, Colorado
“Soooo GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I never get tired of the sandwiches here. The employees are definitely the characters that you would expect in durango, but they make such good food. I love it. 1 sandwich is enough for 2 lunches, and definitely worth the price. Always so yummy, I've never been disappointed.

Visited June 2014
Durango, Colorado
“Poppy's is my favorite thing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have a confession. I crave my Poppy's turkey sandwich all the time. It's 10:17 pm and I'm thinking about it right now. I build my own and add bacon, sprouts, red onions, and mustard, all on a what could only be described as a small loaf of fresh-made parmesan bread. That's my sandwich. You can build your own or choose from a wide menu of hot and cold sandwiches with an excellent array of fresh toppings, meats, and breads. Truly good sandwich shops are hard to find and sometimes fleeting. I hope Poppy's is around for a long time to come.

Expect to be greeted with a smile and to spend between $8-$10 for a sandwich and a couple more dollars for a fountain drink or bottled beverage. Online coupons for a free drink at localdealsmagazine.com! Free bag of Boulder-sourced chips or an apple for everyone. Locals and families in town for a few days will want to pick up a punch card for a free sandwich at 10 purchases. They are currently only open for lunch and until 3 pm. - and unfortunately closed on Sundays.

I would be remiss if I did not mention the insanely gorgeous, painted mural of a murder of crows on the back wall by the lending library of books. (!) Poppy's is a cozy little stop busting at the seams with character and flavor. 5 stars only because there are no more to give. Would love longer hours and 7 days a week, but I will gladly take what I can get.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Linden, Germany
“Really Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Our family had lunch at Poppy's today and we all loved the freshness and taste of our sandwiches. Their homemade sandwich breads make all the difference! Highly recommended!

Visited April 2014
Albuquerque
“One of Durango's finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

On our first stop in here..we were told that Poppy's only served lunch. We walked in and greeted warmly by a lovely young lady. The smell of the bread was wonderful and is baked fresh everyday...different grains. The sandwiches are loaded with out being overly so. They are tasteful and huge. The atmosphere is homey and quant, fireplace and a reading corner with books. Thanks, Poppy's for being great! and close to our hotel.

• Visited January 2014