“best restaurant view in Durango” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the scenic Animas River Valley, this semi-private, 18-hole golf course is a Ken Dye design.
Durango, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“best restaurant view in Durango”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Anyone can eat at the clubhouse, not just Dalton club members. This restaurant is very close to downtown Durango yet is situated in the center of the Animas Valley with drop dead gorgeous views looking north towards the La Platas from their covered patio and dining room/bar area. High end dining (steaks, etc) as well as casual far (burgers/salads) with excellent service. Fantastic place to enjoy a meal. Wednesday night burger nights are not to be missed.

Visited October 2013

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great course and staff, but some members very impolite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great time at Dalton Ranch even though my score didn't always reflect it. Golf staff (cart guys and check-in guy) and bar/restaurant staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
Our 4-some played the front in 2 hr. 10 mins. and we even let a single in a riding cart play through us. However, a walking 2-some was behind us on holes 7 through 11 (all par 4s and a 5), but was never held up by us until hole 10, a short par 4, and one we didn't play particularly well. When we got to the tee-box on 11, a marshall drove out from the clubhouse to tell us we were 5 minutes behind pace and to try and play a little faster - I have never, ever, in 50 years of playing golf been warned about being 5 minutes behind after 11 holes on a course! Well we finally let the 2-some play through on the par 3 12th hole - one guy was nice, but the other was an grumpy POS and who obviously had at least a 25 handicap. No words were really exchanged other than "thanks", but the 2nd guy said nothing.
When we finished our round in 4 hr. 30 mins., I asked the cart guy what those 2 guys were all about. Apparently, Mr. "Grumpy" was a member and at the turn, he had the marshall come out to tell us to pick up the pace. The cart guy said this particular member has always been "interesting" but one they just deal with; must be a "high-roller" in Durango!
So, just be leery of impolite members and you will still really enjoy this course!

Visited July 2013
Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great layout, outstanding condition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had a blast at Dalton Ranch Golf Club this week! The course is in amazing condition and rivals many of the high dollar resorts that I have played.

I never hit anything longer than a 3-hybrid off the tee in order to keep the ball in the fairway. From the gold tees I only had a few holes where my club selection left me with a long second shot. I enjoyed having to think about my next shot rather than just checking my yardage and swinging away.

Visited August 2012
Durango, Colorado
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Dalton Ranch Golf Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Beautiful mountain views on a well groomed course...at the right time of the year, many elk share the course with the golfers.

Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not for tourists”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is a nice course but it is very hard. Not a place for your average golfer. The course is tight target golf with homes on every hole. We played on a Thursday and we were the first group out. They sent two twosomes out after us. We let the first twosome through on the 4th hole. On the 15th hole the second twosome caught up to us. There was nobody behind that twosome. After we finished 16 the ranger told us we had to skip 17! We were at 4 hours and 10 minutes into the round at that point and we lost 10 minutes when we let the first twosome through. The ranger was a jerk. We skipped 18 and went to the Pro Shop and the Pro refunded our money. For my money I'd skip Dalton and play Hillcrest in town. Or better yet drive to Farmington and play Pinon Hills.

Visited July 2011

Been to Dalton Ranch Golf Club? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dalton Ranch Golf Club, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.