“Great food with kids!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 177 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cafe, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great food with kids!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Fresh locally sourced ingredients with very friendly staff. Dealt with small children well. The portions were more reasonable in size with great flavors.

“Really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My family and I (my parents and my children) stopped by the cafe on our way back to Denver after a wonderful week in Durango, and it turned out to be the perfect send-off. Our server was beyond great; she knew the menu backward and forward and how the food was prepared, and was able to answer all our questions and make suggestions that were spot-on. The food didn't take too long to get to us, and was so, so good. I got the New Mexico Eggs Benedict with half green chili and half red, but I'd go all red next time. Thoughtfully, each chili is prepared gluten and meat-free, which is a real plus for vegetarians and gluten-sensitive individuals. Our server mentioned the pains the cafe takes to create tasty gluten-free offerings, a consideration which is increasingly more necessary and welcome when discovered. I'd highly recommend the cafe to anyone looking for a great breakfast or lunch,though would caution patrons to be prepared to wait on weekend mornings. That said, the food is worth the wait. So, go. You won't regret it.

Dutchman i New Mexico
“Felt welcome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

After camping in Mesa Verde we were craving a nice hot breakfast, and we selected Durango Joe's based on the reviews. This Sunday morning was very busy, but service was quick and very friendly. In fact, it was the service that stood out. The coffee was not quite as strong as we would have liked, and the chile on the scrambled eggs was too mild for my taste (but that may be my ruined New Mexican palate). So a few points deduction for the food but we will be back next time we spend time in the area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alto, New Mexico
“This hole in the wall is the best breakfast in Durango!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Three of our party had the daily special while I tried the french toast and bacon. The food quality and portion sizes were excellent and you really get your bang for the buck. The restaurant itself is basically a hole in the wall, but the workers really go out of the way to put out a good meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Random guy at bar was right - great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here on the recommendation of a local sitting by us at a bar the evening before. We were looking up "top breakfast places" and Denny's was #4 (What the...are ya kidding me?!), so we had to ask. Thoroughly enjoyed my tamale breakfast with green chile (although it wasn't at all spicy). Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals. Service was great. Good place for kids because they had placemats to color, plus a toy basket and books. It's off the main drag a bit, which is probably a good thing because it is pretty tiny. We'll definitely keep this place in mind for our next visit, if our hotel doesn't offer breakfast.