“Not fancy but good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ohio
“Not fancy but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We came in for look lunch shortly before closing and the restaurant was empty. But they were great about making us feel welcome and served us a delicious meal. I would have liked a little more oomph in my huevos rancheros with green chile sauce but appreciate that some people don't. My spouse liked his eggs and sausage. Service was exemplary. I hope to return soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

97% Recommend
“Good, fresh breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Out of our 5 days in the Durango area, this was likely the best place that we ate. It was very busy when we arrived for breakfast service, but our wait was not long. The restaurant is nice and cozy, and very clean. The service was very attentive, upbeat, and friendly. The breakfast was fresh, and didn't taste like it came out a package from the freezer. We had 6 people in our party, and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I had the Denver omelet and it was plenty of food, and left me feeling very satisfied.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Blueberry Pancake ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating blueberry pancakes for 50 years and this is the best I've ever eaten. I ordered one pancake instead of two. One is enough unless you are a growing teenager. Franci was our server and very delightful. The service was attentive, hospitable and speedy. The atmosphere is warm and comfortable. Parking area is free and easily accessible. Good value for a reasonable price. Btw, we found this place on tripadvisor.

Visited September 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent breakfast spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The local food guide made it sound like this is an out-of-the-way place, but from our hotel (Durango Lodge) it is 7 blocks - 6 of those uphill admittedly, but still..7 blocks. The walk takes you away from trendy Main Street into a more workaday neighborhood that appears to be near the local college. The restaurant has a certain "hole in the wall" appearance. Once inside, the staff is great - friendly and accommodating. The food is hearty breakfast fare. Lots of variations on eggs, massive toast, cottage fries, good coffee. "Hearty" also describes the portions. I ordered up an omelet, and the combination of eggy goodness, whole-wheat toast, and potatoes kept me powered for a full day of walking around. Lunch? No need. Prices are reasonable as well. Definitely a place to visit for breakfast.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Big breakfast at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a friendly restaurant for breakfast. The pancakes are not only the size of the plate, but thick too! It was very filling, and tasty. They offer real maple sirup for an extra charge which is fair, and makes a big difference to me. It is a real down-home place, don't dress up.

• Visited August 2013